BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boca Raton Police Department is requesting that anyone near the scene of the murder on NW 49th Street grant access to the police department to search their Ring Video Doorbells for the white box truck seen leaving the scene.
Evelyn Smith Udell was allegedly killed by Jorge Luis Dupre Lachazo, driving for a Best Buy delivery service. He is charged with killing Udell and arson.
The police department is asking all homeowners to permit them to search their online Ring Doorbell video.
Amazon has previously suggested that it will comply with lawfully issued subpoenas when police seek access to video but are denied by homeowners.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida