BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Boca Raton Police Department is requesting that anyone near the scene of the murder on NW 49th Street grant access to the police department to search their Ring Video Doorbells for the white box truck seen leaving the scene.
Evelyn Smith Udell was allegedly killed by Jorge Luis Dupre Lachazo, driving for a Best Buy delivery service. He is charged with killing Udell and arson.
The police department is asking all homeowners to permit them to search their online Ring Doorbell video.
Amazon has previously suggested that it will comply with lawfully issued subpoenas when police seek access to video but are denied by homeowners.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop