BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: City of Boynton Beach Media Advisory) — It’s National Baby Safety Month and the City of Boynton Beach is hosting a Baby Safety Expo! This free, family-friendly event will occur on Monday, September 23 from 10 am to 12 noon at the Children’s Schoolhouse Museum, 129 East Ocean Boulevard. Admission to the Museum is free during the event.
In addition, the first 100 attendees to visit the City’s table will receive a free goody bag that includes a buy one, get on free pass for a future visit to the Schoolhouse Children’s Museum, along with a “Baby on Board” car decal. Children can participate in fun activities, including meet and greets with firefighters and their big red truck, giant Legos, connect four and chalk art, while their parents learn important safety tips. The first 50 parents to visit the hot car display will receive a free teddy bear keychain.
All attendees can enter for a chance to win a prize basket that includes multiple babyproofing tools, swim lessons at John Denson Pool, and a free family yearly membership to the Children’s Schoolhouse Museum.
Vendors including Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Palm Beach County, Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, Boynton Beach Police Department, Boynton Beach Fire Rescue Department, Boynton Beach Recreation and Parks Department, the Boynton Beach City Library, Young Dentistry and Inspire Chiropractic, who will provide safety tips on a variety of topics including:
· Infant sleep safety
· Prenatal health
· Basic first aid
· Hot car awareness
· Car and driving safety
· Pool and water safety
· Neighborhood safety
· Dental health and safety
· Overall wellness tips
Car seat installations and safety checks will be performed on site. Parents will also have the opportunity to create personalized Child ID kits.
A United States Census Representative will be on-site to educate parents about the importance of responding to and counting their children in the 2020 Census.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive