BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: FAU) — Florida Atlantic University is scheduled to test all components of the FAU Alert system the morning of Wednesday, Oct. 2. The FAU Alert system is designed to play a key role in keeping FAU’s students, faculty, staff and campus visitors safe during emergency situations.
At approximately 11:00 a.m., the emergency siren and PA system will be activated on FAU’s Boca Raton campus, as well as at the John D. MacArthur Campus in Jupiter and at FAU’s Harbor Branch Oceanographic Institute in Fort Pierce. During this test, a loud siren sound and a spoken message will be heard across campus, as well as in neighborhoods and business areas located near the campuses.
Additionally, FAU’s university-wide email, telephone alert, web alert, social media, digital signage and text messaging will be tested that morning. FAU will also test its toll-free emergency hotline phone number – 1-888-8FAU-OWL (8328-695). Users of the FAU Owl Ready app also will receive alerts.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child