Police: There was NO shooting. If you have proof there was, call them
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca PD says this morning that this photos shows the man injured during the bizarre mass fleeing event at Boca Raton Town Center Mall, NOT the victim of a shooting. There was no shooting, according to police, just apparently a loud noise that instigated a herd-like panicked response. The man shown above was transported to Delray Medical Center after he apparently hit his head while running out of the mall. People apparently saw his blood on a doorframe, connected that with an unexplained loud noise, and believed he was shot.
To those taking to social media telling police that they are wrong and that “there definitely was a shooting,” we suggest that you stop posting to social media and actually call the police or CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS to report what you saw.
To repeat: there is no evidence of gunfire, no shell casings, no weapons, and no imagery of a shooting on the hundreds of cameras in the mall reviewed by law enforcement.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GUILTY! Local FSU Student Convicted Of Federal Fraud, Conspiracy
- Masks Again On Agenda For Palm Beach County School Board
- POLICE: Driver Drives On Sidewalk, Kills Local Man, Hits Five Cars
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside