Police: There was NO shooting. If you have proof there was, call them
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca PD says this morning that this photos shows the man injured during the bizarre mass fleeing event at Boca Raton Town Center Mall, NOT the victim of a shooting. There was no shooting, according to police, just apparently a loud noise that instigated a herd-like panicked response. The man shown above was transported to Delray Medical Center after he apparently hit his head while running out of the mall. People apparently saw his blood on a doorframe, connected that with an unexplained loud noise, and believed he was shot.
To those taking to social media telling police that they are wrong and that “there definitely was a shooting,” we suggest that you stop posting to social media and actually call the police or CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS to report what you saw.
To repeat: there is no evidence of gunfire, no shell casings, no weapons, and no imagery of a shooting on the hundreds of cameras in the mall reviewed by law enforcement.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Charged With Negligent Manslaughter Of Child
- One Killed By Tri-Rail In Boca Raton, Did Fire Rescue Radio Hamper Response?
- Boynton Body Found In 2003 Identified, “Maritime John Doe” Has A Name
- GROSS: P.F. Chang’s Boca Raton Ordered Closed, Bug Problem
- DUI Saturation Patrol Planned For Palm Beach County
- FLORIDA TURNPIKE CLOSED IN BOYNTON BEACH
- Lawsuit Claims City Of Boca Raton Drivers Responsible For Crash
- Boca Raton Middle School Teacher Re-Fired
- Canyon Trails HOA Latest To Sue Homeowner Over Dues, Fees