Police: There was NO shooting. If you have proof there was, call them
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Boca PD says this morning that this photos shows the man injured during the bizarre mass fleeing event at Boca Raton Town Center Mall, NOT the victim of a shooting. There was no shooting, according to police, just apparently a loud noise that instigated a herd-like panicked response. The man shown above was transported to Delray Medical Center after he apparently hit his head while running out of the mall. People apparently saw his blood on a doorframe, connected that with an unexplained loud noise, and believed he was shot.
To those taking to social media telling police that they are wrong and that “there definitely was a shooting,” we suggest that you stop posting to social media and actually call the police or CrimeStoppers at 800-458-TIPS to report what you saw.
To repeat: there is no evidence of gunfire, no shell casings, no weapons, and no imagery of a shooting on the hundreds of cameras in the mall reviewed by law enforcement.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed