BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Police Department Media Advisory) — On Friday, October 18, 2019 at approximately 4:00 a.m., Boca Raton Police responded to reports of shots fired in the Oaks of Boca condominium complex. Officers made contact with a male in the parking lot who had been shot several times. He was transported to Delray Medical Center.
Boca Raton Police detectives spoke with witnesses and the people involved. The investigation revealed a couple, including the victim, was engaged in a domestic disturbance and a friend was contacted by one of the parties. The friend and other known subjects, including the suspect, responded to the neighborhood and the disturbance continued in the parking lot near the clubhouse. At some point, 17-year-old Kahlyel Adams, fired several shots at the victim before fleeing the area.
Boca Raton Police detectives were able to locate Kahlyel Adams in St. Lucie County. On October 19, 2019, he was arrested and charged with Attempted Second-Degree Murder.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical
- NO BIG DEAL: Looks Like System Is Dissipating
- Delray Beach Bartender Charged With DUI
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested