BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boca Raton Police Department Media Advisory) — On Friday, October 18, 2019 at approximately 4:00 a.m., Boca Raton Police responded to reports of shots fired in the Oaks of Boca condominium complex. Officers made contact with a male in the parking lot who had been shot several times. He was transported to Delray Medical Center.
Boca Raton Police detectives spoke with witnesses and the people involved. The investigation revealed a couple, including the victim, was engaged in a domestic disturbance and a friend was contacted by one of the parties. The friend and other known subjects, including the suspect, responded to the neighborhood and the disturbance continued in the parking lot near the clubhouse. At some point, 17-year-old Kahlyel Adams, fired several shots at the victim before fleeing the area.
Boca Raton Police detectives were able to locate Kahlyel Adams in St. Lucie County. On October 19, 2019, he was arrested and charged with Attempted Second-Degree Murder.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected