BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Sure, we’re being controversial, but we’re likely not the only ones to see the incredible optics crisis that Baptist Healthcare created when it severed its relationship with United Healthcare, pushing away a huge portion of the Boca Raton community that relied on Boca Regional as its hospital of choice.
The Jewish population of Boca Raton is considered to be at least 20 percent. Baptist’s severing of Boca Regional’s relationship with United Healthcare came literally minutes after Baptist assumed control of the hospital.
This statement was just transmitted by Baptist, and notably not from hospital CEO Lincoln Mendez but from a Vice President by the name of Eric Shatanof.
“Our new contract is a testament to the strong, longstanding relationship with have with UnitedHealthcare. We are pleased we can strengthen our commitment to the community by ensuring access to the high-quality health care at Boca Raton Regional Hospital.”
Doctors and United Healthcare customers contacting BocaNewsNow.com over the past several months expressed outrage that the two parties couldn’t come together, but most of the blame fell on Baptist — an insignificant player in the Boca Raton medical community until it took over Boca Regional.
While not speaking for attribution, scores of readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com over the past few months drew the connection between Baptist’s takeover of Boca Regional and Boca’s large Jewish population — suggesting that Baptist’s refusal to take any insurance used by Boca residents is concerning.
For United Healthcare, the new agreement may be too late for area companies that have decided to drop UHC in 2020 for Blue Cross and other insurance carriers that maintained relationships with Boca Regional Hospital.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny