BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County School officials are welcoming former Boca Raton Police Chief Dan Alexander to his new job as “Director” of the school district police force. He was sworn in a few days ago. The Director position is similar in responsibility to the “Deputy Chief” title for traditional police forces. He spent 13 years as Boca’s top cop.
In Boca, Michelle Miuccio takes over as interim chief. Here is her bio… she knows just a thing or two about law enforcement.
“Interim Police Chief Michele Miuccio has served in law enforcement for over 34 years. She joined the Boca Raton Police Services Department in 1989 and has been a member of the command staff for over 17 years, working in various facets of police operations and administration. Chief Miuccio previously served with the Margate Police Department as a dispatcher and officer for five years.
Chief Miuccio earned a Master of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Florida Atlantic University in 2007, where she received her Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminal Justice in 2003. She was profiled as a distinguished graduate of Florida Atlantic University in Legacymakers: 100 Women of Distinction at Florida Atlantic University.
Chief Miuccio is a graduate of the Southern Police Institute’s Administrative Officers Course at the University of Louisville. She also completed the Police Executive Research Forum’s Senior Management Institute for Police at Boston University.
Chief Miuccio’s professional affiliations include the Police Executive Research Forum, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Florida Police Chiefs Association, the FBI Law Enforcement Executive Development Association, the National Association of Women Law Enforcement Executives and the Palm Beach County Chiefs of Police Association.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- SIRENS: Poisoned In Polo Club, Dead In Boca Pointe, Traumatic Injury In Boca West,
- City of Boca Raton Street Parade Set For December 8th
- Boca Raton PD Investigates Fatal Crash On Yamato Road
- FEDCON1: Aaron Singerman Nearly 3 Times Legal Limit After Crashing Boat Multiple Times
- Palm Beach County Supervisor of Elections Is Hiring
- SIRENS: Dead In A Palm Beach Hotel, Crash On I-95, Fall At Olympic Heights High
- FLYING TODAY? JetBlue, United, Southwest All Reporting Delays Out Of Fort Lauderdale
- WEATHER: Stunning Days Ahead For Boca Raton, Delray Beach
- OMICRON: No Mask Change, Yet, For Palm Beach Schools