BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Police Media Advisory) — Last night, we arrested a 14-year-old boy who posted a threat on Instagram to commit a mass shooting at a Publix in Boynton Beach. We were notified of the threat by a Publix representative, and immediately began an investigation. The teen responsible for the social media post was identified, arrested and charged with written threats to kill, do bodily injury or conduct a mass shooting or an act of terrorism. The probable cause affidavit for his arrest is attached.
The teen told detectives that it was a joke. Threatening to commit a mass shooting, whether it be on social media or through any form of communication, is not a joke. The Boynton Beach Police Department will vigorously investigate any claim of harm against our community, and arrest any individual responsible. We urge parents to have conversations with their children about the severity of this.
As always, if you see something, say something. Together, we will keep our community safe.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS