BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Police Media Advisory) — Last night, we arrested a 14-year-old boy who posted a threat on Instagram to commit a mass shooting at a Publix in Boynton Beach. We were notified of the threat by a Publix representative, and immediately began an investigation. The teen responsible for the social media post was identified, arrested and charged with written threats to kill, do bodily injury or conduct a mass shooting or an act of terrorism. The probable cause affidavit for his arrest is attached.
The teen told detectives that it was a joke. Threatening to commit a mass shooting, whether it be on social media or through any form of communication, is not a joke. The Boynton Beach Police Department will vigorously investigate any claim of harm against our community, and arrest any individual responsible. We urge parents to have conversations with their children about the severity of this.
As always, if you see something, say something. Together, we will keep our community safe.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FAU High School Celebrates 34 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists
- Palm Beach County School District Employees Infected With COVID-19
- BOCA RATON HIGH SCHOOL: Social Distancing Disaster
- Palm Beach County Extends Facial Covering Executive Order
- Just 54,000 Students Returned To Palm Beach County Schools, 107K Stayed Online
- PALM BEACH COUNTY SCHOOLS: Parents, How Was In-Person Learning?
- Boca Raton Doctor Facing 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop