BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Source: Boynton Police Media Advisory) — Last night, we arrested a 14-year-old boy who posted a threat on Instagram to commit a mass shooting at a Publix in Boynton Beach. We were notified of the threat by a Publix representative, and immediately began an investigation. The teen responsible for the social media post was identified, arrested and charged with written threats to kill, do bodily injury or conduct a mass shooting or an act of terrorism. The probable cause affidavit for his arrest is attached.
The teen told detectives that it was a joke. Threatening to commit a mass shooting, whether it be on social media or through any form of communication, is not a joke. The Boynton Beach Police Department will vigorously investigate any claim of harm against our community, and arrest any individual responsible. We urge parents to have conversations with their children about the severity of this.
As always, if you see something, say something. Together, we will keep our community safe.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child