Suspects Attempt To Flee On Golf Carts
Where were the parents? Questions, Video.
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a car break-in caught on camera. The alleged perps — a group of teens and young kids driving three golf carts in Seven Bridges without adult supervision — were detained by police mid-day Saturday.
Whether these kids are behind a series of thefts in the community over the past two years is unclear. It seems unlikely that vandals perpetrating a crime in broad daylight — in a community full of “Ring” and other surveillance cameras — possess the brainpower to mastermind two years of incidents. PBSO has responded to multiple calls in the new-ish community of Seven Bridges (Lyons Road, north of Clint Moore) — specifically car break-ins, car burglaries and stolen cars — over the past 30 months or so. To the best of our knowledge based on public records, no arrests have been made.
But Saturday afternoon, PBSO again responded to the community and nabbed the group of teens on a golf cart after witnesses — and security surveillance video obtained by BocaNewsNow.com — documented the teens checking car doors in the community. In the video, the suspects are seen entering a red car. While one perp remains, two golf carts drive off, then return, pick-up the suspect, then dart off. Incredibly, they return a few minutes later with a third golf cart. They again enter the car, then flee. Apparently needing to try yet again, they return a short time later and attempt to enter the car, only to realize that it’s now locked. They dart off as a car alarm blares.
We are still awaiting an official police report but can report that a deputy located — and detained — everyone on the golf carts until parents were notified and responded to the scene. It is unclear what — if anything — was taken. One of the suspects was seen on camera with a backpack.
It is unclear why parents of the kids permitted them to drive golf carts unattended — prohibited in Seven Bridges.
Police and Seven Bridges Security are being credited with a rapid response as homeowners are now realizing that, like in a horror film, sometimes the call comes from inside the building.
It’s unclear if charges have been filed.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sinai Residences Breaks Ground On Phase Two
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Off South Florida To Bring Rain, May Develop
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS CLEANING CRISIS: Principal Tells Teachers To “Make Solution Of Soap And Water”
- No Wipes For First Graders: We Obtain Principal Email About Palm Beach School Cleaning
- Palm Beach School Board Member Calls Reopening Plan “Wrong,” Is Praying
- Palm Beach Schools: Wipes Shortage, Mask Shortages, Teachers Scared For Monday
- TEACHERS: Palm Beach County Parents Don’t Understand Where They’re Sending Kids
- Boynton Beach Woman Jailed, Tried To Smuggle Drugs Into Jail
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open