DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Highway Patrol tells BocaNewsNow.com that one minor is dead and six are hospitalized with serious injuries following a crash Sunday evening on the Florida Turnpike. It happened in the area of Atlantic Avenue. Police say it was a SINGLE CAR crash involving a 2002 Toyota 4 Runner.
Read the narrative from police below. “Vehicle 1” is the Toyota. Names have not yet been released as all victims are minors.
“Vehicle-01 was traveling north on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 (FL Turnpike) from SR-806 (Atlantic Ave). For unknown reasons, Vehicle-01 went off the left side of the roadway while attempting to overtake the left hand curve on the entrance ramp. Subsequently, the rear end of Vehicle-01 rotated in a clockwise motion, causing Vehicle-01 to rollover. As Vehicle-01 began to roll over, passengers inside the vehicle were ejected onto the roadway. Vehicle-01 then came to final rest rolled over on the passenger side, off the right side of the roadway on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 from SR-806, facing in a southeasterly direction. Driver and passengers were transported to Delray and Boca West Hospitals. One of the passengers transported to Delray Hospital, succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased while at the Hospital. This case is still pending investigation.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child