ColorMe Mine In Delray Marketplace is taking more than two weeks to deliver pottery
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Absolutely not the most important story you’ll read today, but if you’re among parents who spent time with their kids over the holiday at Color Me Mine in Delray Marketplace and haven’t yet received your pottery, don’t rush to pick it up.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the store — which is part of a national franchise based in California — is running major delays in delivery. More than two weeks. The issue, quite simply, is cost.
“It wouldn’t be cost effective to run more than one kiln,” said franchisee Maria Angulo who operates the Delray and Davie Color Me Mine locations under the name “Altamirana, LLC.” She spoke to BocaNewsNow.com as we followed up on reports of testy employees providing excuses — but not solutions — to parents who were hoping to pick up their kids’ art work after two weeks.
“We’re also having staffing and training issues,” added Angulo.
Color Me Mine — which charges a range between $20 and $50 to paint pre-made pottery — is a favorite of many area kids. But the delays are frustrating families who were quoted 7 to a maximum of 10 days for pickup.
Crisis? Of course not. Customer service problem? Yes.
“We just can’t call customers to tell them we’re running late,” said Angulo when asked to clarify the problem. “There are too many pieces (of pottery).”
Once painted, the pottery is glazed by employees and then fired in a kiln. The Delray Beach location operates two kilns, but Angulo says they can’t be operated at the same time.
“It would be too expensive,” she said, “and use too much electricity.”
Planning to pick up pottery? Call first.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks
- Settlement Talks Underway In $7M Suit Against Seven Bridges Delray HOA
- These Stations Do Not Have Gas In Delray Beach, Boca Raton
- Bruised Man Arrested on Drug, Battery Charges At Delray Beach Food Hall
- Walk-Up Pfizer COVID Shots Available To 12-15 Age Group In Palm Beach County