ColorMe Mine In Delray Marketplace is taking more than two weeks to deliver pottery
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Absolutely not the most important story you’ll read today, but if you’re among parents who spent time with their kids over the holiday at Color Me Mine in Delray Marketplace and haven’t yet received your pottery, don’t rush to pick it up.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the store — which is part of a national franchise based in California — is running major delays in delivery. More than two weeks. The issue, quite simply, is cost.
“It wouldn’t be cost effective to run more than one kiln,” said franchisee Maria Angulo who operates the Delray and Davie Color Me Mine locations under the name “Altamirana, LLC.” She spoke to BocaNewsNow.com as we followed up on reports of testy employees providing excuses — but not solutions — to parents who were hoping to pick up their kids’ art work after two weeks.
“We’re also having staffing and training issues,” added Angulo.
Color Me Mine — which charges a range between $20 and $50 to paint pre-made pottery — is a favorite of many area kids. But the delays are frustrating families who were quoted 7 to a maximum of 10 days for pickup.
Crisis? Of course not. Customer service problem? Yes.
“We just can’t call customers to tell them we’re running late,” said Angulo when asked to clarify the problem. “There are too many pieces (of pottery).”
Once painted, the pottery is glazed by employees and then fired in a kiln. The Delray Beach location operates two kilns, but Angulo says they can’t be operated at the same time.
“It would be too expensive,” she said, “and use too much electricity.”
Planning to pick up pottery? Call first.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge