ColorMe Mine In Delray Marketplace is taking more than two weeks to deliver pottery
DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Absolutely not the most important story you’ll read today, but if you’re among parents who spent time with their kids over the holiday at Color Me Mine in Delray Marketplace and haven’t yet received your pottery, don’t rush to pick it up.
BocaNewsNow.com has learned that the store — which is part of a national franchise based in California — is running major delays in delivery. More than two weeks. The issue, quite simply, is cost.
“It wouldn’t be cost effective to run more than one kiln,” said franchisee Maria Angulo who operates the Delray and Davie Color Me Mine locations under the name “Altamirana, LLC.” She spoke to BocaNewsNow.com as we followed up on reports of testy employees providing excuses — but not solutions — to parents who were hoping to pick up their kids’ art work after two weeks.
“We’re also having staffing and training issues,” added Angulo.
Color Me Mine — which charges a range between $20 and $50 to paint pre-made pottery — is a favorite of many area kids. But the delays are frustrating families who were quoted 7 to a maximum of 10 days for pickup.
Crisis? Of course not. Customer service problem? Yes.
“We just can’t call customers to tell them we’re running late,” said Angulo when asked to clarify the problem. “There are too many pieces (of pottery).”
Once painted, the pottery is glazed by employees and then fired in a kiln. The Delray Beach location operates two kilns, but Angulo says they can’t be operated at the same time.
“It would be too expensive,” she said, “and use too much electricity.”
Planning to pick up pottery? Call first.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender