DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FHP is releasing the names of the children involved in Sunday night’s fatal crash at the entrance to the Florida Turnpike from Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach.
According to police: Lara Alfonso Jose Luis, 15, of Texas was killed in the crash. Yamen Abnel-Nabi, 15, of Boca was injured, as were the following minors: Mark Mora, 15, of Delray; Jhosavie Selaya, 16; Habeb Abdel-Nabi, 13; Angelo Columna, 13; Santiago Barrantes, 17. The four listed without cities are all listed as “Florida” residents.
It is unclear if all of the minors were part of a group or club.
Vehicle-01 was traveling north on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 (FL Turnpike) from SR-806 (Atlantic Ave). For unknown reasons, Vehicle-01 went off the left side of the roadway while attempting to overtake the left hand curve on the entrance ramp. Subsequently, the rear end of Vehicle-01 rotated in a clockwise motion, causing Vehicle-01 to rollover. As Vehicle-01 began to roll over, passengers inside the vehicle were ejected onto the roadway. Vehicle-01 then came to final rest rolled over on the passenger side, off the right side of the roadway on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 from SR-806, facing in a southeasterly direction.
Driver and passengers were transported to Delray and Boca West Hospitals. One of the passengers transported to Delray Hospital, succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased while at the Hospital. This case is still pending investigation.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender