DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — FHP is releasing the names of the children involved in Sunday night’s fatal crash at the entrance to the Florida Turnpike from Atlantic Avenue in Delray Beach.
According to police: Lara Alfonso Jose Luis, 15, of Texas was killed in the crash. Yamen Abnel-Nabi, 15, of Boca was injured, as were the following minors: Mark Mora, 15, of Delray; Jhosavie Selaya, 16; Habeb Abdel-Nabi, 13; Angelo Columna, 13; Santiago Barrantes, 17. The four listed without cities are all listed as “Florida” residents.
It is unclear if all of the minors were part of a group or club.
Vehicle-01 was traveling north on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 (FL Turnpike) from SR-806 (Atlantic Ave). For unknown reasons, Vehicle-01 went off the left side of the roadway while attempting to overtake the left hand curve on the entrance ramp. Subsequently, the rear end of Vehicle-01 rotated in a clockwise motion, causing Vehicle-01 to rollover. As Vehicle-01 began to roll over, passengers inside the vehicle were ejected onto the roadway. Vehicle-01 then came to final rest rolled over on the passenger side, off the right side of the roadway on the northbound entrance ramp to SR-91 from SR-806, facing in a southeasterly direction.
Driver and passengers were transported to Delray and Boca West Hospitals. One of the passengers transported to Delray Hospital, succumbed to his injuries and was pronounced deceased while at the Hospital. This case is still pending investigation.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector