BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police arrested and charged Boca’s Jason Reiner, 25, with DUI and “Drug Equipment, Possession and/or use” on Friday. He remained in the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday morning.
An arrest report filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts says that Reiner told police he was in a crash while driving an Alamo rental car in Boca Raton. He stated he was tired while driving on I-95 so pulled off on Atlantic in Delray to rest.
Police were called by someone noticing a “suspicious vehicle.”
While searching the vehicle, police say they found “two glass tubes. The glass tubes had copper wire in one end, and the tubes had burn marks on both ends with a white residue inside. This clear glass tube is known to (the officer) to be used for smoking crack cocaine…(a test) indicated a positive result for cocaine.”
Police also found prescription medication in the vehicle. The medication was legally prescribed.
Reiner was initially “polite” when police made contact, then “angry and crying” after he was placed under arrest, according to the report which lists his home address on Buckhead Circle in Boca Raton.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospital Count Under 300
- Coast Guard Looking For Plane South Of Boca Raton
- Boynton’s Neil Goldman Killed In Bicycle Crash On Lyons Road
- Palm Beach County Schools Paid Full Price For Massive Chromebook Order
- Boynton Beach Man Held On $50K Bond For Obscene Material Viewing, Sending
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Drops From Critical To High Risk
- Palm Beach School District Reveals FSA Testing Dates, But Is Lawsuit In Works?
- DEVELOPING: Lyons Road Closed In Delray Due To Crash Involving Bicycle
- Boca Raton Doctor Max Citrin Jailed On Insurance Fraud Charge