BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Delray Beach Police arrested and charged Boca’s Jason Reiner, 25, with DUI and “Drug Equipment, Possession and/or use” on Friday. He remained in the Palm Beach County Jail Saturday morning.
An arrest report filed with the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts says that Reiner told police he was in a crash while driving an Alamo rental car in Boca Raton. He stated he was tired while driving on I-95 so pulled off on Atlantic in Delray to rest.
Police were called by someone noticing a “suspicious vehicle.”
While searching the vehicle, police say they found “two glass tubes. The glass tubes had copper wire in one end, and the tubes had burn marks on both ends with a white residue inside. This clear glass tube is known to (the officer) to be used for smoking crack cocaine…(a test) indicated a positive result for cocaine.”
Police also found prescription medication in the vehicle. The medication was legally prescribed.
Reiner was initially “polite” when police made contact, then “angry and crying” after he was placed under arrest, according to the report which lists his home address on Buckhead Circle in Boca Raton.
A court date is pending.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach