DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed against Delray Medical Center alleges that a woman tripped on a raised piece of metal at the hospital, then fell and fractured both of her arms.
The suit says Josephine Belmonte was at Delray Medical Center on November 15, 2019, when she “tripped and fell on a dangerous, raised piece of metal that was carelessly installed on (Delray Medical Center’s) floor, causing her to fall hard to the ground and fracture both of her arms.”
Adds the suit:
“(Belmonte’s fall caused her to suffer) bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, the expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of ability to earn money and aggravation of previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
No immediate response filed by Delray Medical.
It’s unclear if the hospital offers a discount for patients who are injured while at the hospital.
Belmonte is represented by the Boca Raton Law Firm of Gold and Gold.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates
- Seven Bridges Homeowner Sentenced To Six Years In Federal Prison
- CDC Says All School Students Should Wear Masks Indoors, School District Ignores
- CDC Expected To Tell Floridians To Mask Up, Even If Vaccinated
- Four “High Priority” Violations For Ben’s Kosher Deli In West Boca Raton
- Man Who Claims To Be Worth $27M Again Refuses To Pay Dinner Check
- Lyndsey Kennedy, Found In Delray Drain In March, Now Jailed
- SEVEN BRIDGES: Swingers, Seniors Fight Stability For Soul Of Community
- COVID ALERT: Palm Beach County Elevated To Critical