DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed against Delray Medical Center alleges that a woman tripped on a raised piece of metal at the hospital, then fell and fractured both of her arms.
The suit says Josephine Belmonte was at Delray Medical Center on November 15, 2019, when she “tripped and fell on a dangerous, raised piece of metal that was carelessly installed on (Delray Medical Center’s) floor, causing her to fall hard to the ground and fracture both of her arms.”
Adds the suit:
“(Belmonte’s fall caused her to suffer) bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, the expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of ability to earn money and aggravation of previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
No immediate response filed by Delray Medical.
It’s unclear if the hospital offers a discount for patients who are injured while at the hospital.
Belmonte is represented by the Boca Raton Law Firm of Gold and Gold.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA TREND ENDS: COVID Positivity Rises
- ALERT: Florida Freedom Keepers Plans Rally At Patch Reef Park, Authorities Warn
- Hit and Run Charge Filed Against Delray Beach Man
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors