DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed against Delray Medical Center alleges that a woman tripped on a raised piece of metal at the hospital, then fell and fractured both of her arms.
The suit says Josephine Belmonte was at Delray Medical Center on November 15, 2019, when she “tripped and fell on a dangerous, raised piece of metal that was carelessly installed on (Delray Medical Center’s) floor, causing her to fall hard to the ground and fracture both of her arms.”
Adds the suit:
“(Belmonte’s fall caused her to suffer) bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, the expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of ability to earn money and aggravation of previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
No immediate response filed by Delray Medical.
It’s unclear if the hospital offers a discount for patients who are injured while at the hospital.
Belmonte is represented by the Boca Raton Law Firm of Gold and Gold.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- WEST BOCA RATON: Cops Rescue Woman, Shoot Man In Head
- Man Severs Hand In Fireworks Accident, Hand, Man Transported To Hospital Separately
- SHOOTING: West Boca Raton Man Accidentally Shoots Self
- TRAVEL TROUBLE: Thousands Of Flights Delayed, Hundreds Canceled As Of Saturday Afternoon
- Fireworks Set For West Boca Raton, Here’s The Information You Need
- LAWSUIT: Encore Boca Raton Care So Poor, Skin Deteriorated
- Woman Allegedly Pours Milk On Man, He Calls Cops, Ends Up In Jail
- TRAVEL MELTDOWN: JetBlue Delays 38 Fort Lauderdale Flights, Spirt 24
- STORM WATCH: Now Two Disturbances Being Watched, Florida Threat Low