DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — A lawsuit just filed against Delray Medical Center alleges that a woman tripped on a raised piece of metal at the hospital, then fell and fractured both of her arms.
The suit says Josephine Belmonte was at Delray Medical Center on November 15, 2019, when she “tripped and fell on a dangerous, raised piece of metal that was carelessly installed on (Delray Medical Center’s) floor, causing her to fall hard to the ground and fracture both of her arms.”
Adds the suit:
“(Belmonte’s fall caused her to suffer) bodily injury and resulting pain and suffering, disability, disfigurement, mental anguish, loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, the expense of hospitalization, medical and nursing care and treatment, loss of earnings, loss of ability to earn money and aggravation of previously existing condition. The losses are either permanent or continuing and Plaintiff will suffer the losses in the future.”
No immediate response filed by Delray Medical.
It’s unclear if the hospital offers a discount for patients who are injured while at the hospital.
Belmonte is represented by the Boca Raton Law Firm of Gold and Gold.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEA AGENTS NAB ADAM RUNSDORF ON WOODFIELD COUNTRY CLUB GOLF COURSE
- AARON SINGERMAN ASKS FOR 20 MONTHS, BUT DID HIS ATTORNEYS MISLEAD?
- SIRENS: Delray Apartment Fire, Trauma At West Boca High, Unconscious At Home Depot Boca
- Mask Mandate Extended For Palm Beach County Schools
- FLORIDA: 57 Die From COVID Thursday, Two From The Flu
- JetBlue Flight Makes Emergency Return To Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport
- BOCA RUDETON: How Fake Is That ”Service” Dog In The Aisle?
- Boca Raton Teen Charged With Homicide, DUI, Hit And Run
- SIRENS: Car Fire On I-95, Chemical Hazard At Trump’s Mar-A-Lago, Fight In Canyon Isles