UPDATE: Monday, February 17, 2020 @ 2pm ET: The victim has been identified as Maria Yohany Alvarez Jimenez, with a dob of 10/2/1993.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is working to identify what they believe to be a 26 year old woman killed in a bike crash Saturday evening on 441 near Palmetto Park Road.
The woman, according to a police report, “was attempting to cross US441/SR7 from east to west. As the driver of (an Infinity QX7) approached the area of the collision, the bicyclist had traveled across the outside travel lane and was in the middle lane when she was struck by the QX7. The right front bumped of the car struck the front of the bicycle’s front wheel. As the collision ensued, the bicyclist was propelled from the bicycle and onto the hood of the QX7. As the bicyclist was coming off the hood of the QX7, she struck the passenger’s side mirror.”
The bicyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
The incident was reported to PBSO at 9:15 p.m.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected