BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com conducted an unscientifc survey sampling of area HOA’s over the past 48 hours. Roughly 80 percent of HOAs in both country club and non-country club communities said they expect to close their clubhouse and curtail use of public amenities — like swimming pools and fitness centers — within the next two days.
“It’s the responsible thing to do,” said one HOA president. BocaNewsNow.com promised all speaking to us that we would not identify specific communities as closures will be highly controversial.
“You can’t close schools and close offices, all to increase social distancing, and then say it’s okay to sweat in the gym, cough on each other at a pool, or eat in a community restaurant.”
Another HOA’s Vice President told BocaNewsNow.com that “it’s inevitable. Whether it’s truly needed or not, it just looks bad to condone social gatherings and gathering places when conventional wisdom seems to be shut everything down for now.”
“It’s wait and see,” for a third community representative speaking with BocaNewsNow.com. “We have lots of people coming down from New York to escape the hot spots there. They expect to be able to use the facilities they pay for.”
The rep acknowledged the problem with that logic.
“We are keenly aware, though, that there is great fear that at least some of those coming from New York may have been exposed and will then spread it here. It’s really a no-win situation.”
“Then there’s the school problem,” said another community’s board member. “Schools are closed. There are lots of parents who literally dump their kids in the clubhouse for the day. Kids spread germs. It seems that pulling kids from school but putting them in a clubhouse accomplishes absolutely nothing.”
As of Saturday morning, BocaNewsNow.com was unaware of any community that had officially closed facilities. Closures, if any, are expected to start Sunday or Monday morning.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: 90 Percent Chance Two Systems Form Within Days
- Carly Richards, 20, Killed In Boynton Beach Crash
- Boca Raton Lawyer Who Threatened Us Disqualified From Case We Covered
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems Southeast Of Florida May Become Victor, Wanda
- POLICE: Woman Charged With Firebombing Area Temple
- KINSA: Palm Beach County COVID Situation Improving, But Hospitals Over Capacity
- FLORIDA BLUE ALERT: Patrick McDowell On Loose, Allegedly Killed Cop
- HURRICANE CENTER: Sam Turning, But Two Systems Forming East Of Florida
- Saturnia Isles Resident Charged With Homicide, Is Convicted Felon