BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Baptist Health, which runs Boca Raton Regional Hospital, and several others throughout the region — including Bethesda East and West in Boynton Beach — tells BocaNewsNow.com that there ARE patients in the “system” receiving treatment for COVID-19.
From Michael Maucker who is marketing and communitions manager for Boca Raton Regional Hospital — run by Baptist:
“Like many health care systems, we are seeing an increase in the number of cases that meet the Florida Department of Health’s criteria for testing for COVID-19. We’ve seen the number of confirmed cases in Florida continue to grow daily, and we have had some positive cases throughout our system. We are following the CDC’s guidance in caring for these patients. Some patients are able to self-quarantine, and others may need additional care, according to their condition. Due to patient privacy laws, we are unable to comment on any specific case.”
Maucker could not say whether or not patients are being treated at Boca Raton Regional Hospital or Baptist’s other locations.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop