Also Closed: Golf Courses, Parks, Buildings, Police State Lobby, Nature Centers
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The City of Boca Raton is declaring a state of emergency. All beaches are closed, effective Wednesday. From the City of Boca Raton:
On Monday, March 16, 2020, the City of Boca Raton declared a Local State of Emergency due to the threat of COVID-19 and is implementing additional closures and safety measures in order to slow the spread of the virus.
EFFECTIVE TODAY AT 5:00 PM – ALL BARS AND NIGHTCLUBS ARE REQUIRED TO CLOSE FOR 30 DAYS. RESTAURANTS ARE REQUIRED TO CLOSE EXCEPT FOR DRIVE THROUGH, TAKE-OUT AND DELIVERY SERVICES UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020, all City facilities, parks and beaches will be CLOSED until further notice including the following:
- All Beaches
- All Parks
- Alan C. Alford Golf Course at Red Reef
- Bark Beach at Spanish River Park
- Boca Raton Community Center
- Boca Raton Municipal Golf Course
- Boca Raton Tennis Center
- City Administration Building “Building Department”
- City Hall
- Downtown Library
- Fire Rescue Administration Building
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center
- Hillsboro El Rio Park North and South
- Meadows Park Pool
- Mizner Bark Dog Park
- Mizner Park Amphitheater
- Municipal Services Building
- Ocean Rescue Center/Coast Guard Auxiliary
- Patch Reef Park Community Center and Tennis Center
- Police Department Lobby
- Silver Palm Park
- Spanish River Athletic Complex
- Spanish River Library
- Sugar Sand Park
- Swim & Racquet Club
- Wildflower Park
*Today, Tuesday, March 17 is Election Day and all of the Boca Raton Community Centers and libraries are designated polling locations. Libraries and community centers will be closed on Wednesday, March 18 until further notice.
All meetings have been canceled until further notice, including the CRA, Council Workshop and City Council Meetings on March 23 and March 24, 2020.
The City will be operating Critical Infrastructure services only:
- Police Services
- Fire Rescue Services
- Water Sewer
- Sanitation Services (Regular Schedules)
- Building Permitting
PANDEMIC PLAN SAFETY MEASURES ISSUED
For Boca Raton Businesses and the Public
- All bars and nightclubs are required to close at 5:00 pm today, March 17, and remain closed for the next 30 days.
- Restaurants are required to close today except for drive through, take-out and delivery services until further notice.
- Avoid social gatherings of 10 or more people.
- Practice social distancing – 6 feet apart from others.
- Avoid discretionary travel, shopping trips and social visits.
- Work from home whenever possible.
- Critical Infrastructure industry employees should maintain normal work schedule.
- Do not visit nursing homes, retirement or long-term facilities.
- Practice good hygiene.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Wash your hands and don’t touch your face.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays