BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) (Palm Beach County) — All Palm Beach County-operated parks and beaches are open for limited use. Select indoor and outdoor recreational facilities will be closed until further notice.
In addition, all special events and activities involving large gatherings and all programs in Therapeutic Recreation, Special Olympics and Arts4All have been suspended until further notice.
Park visitors are urged to use the practice of social distancing—remaining out of congregate settings, avoiding mass gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible. They are also encouraged to continue exercising good hygiene practices (as recommended by the CDC and Health Department). Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth and face. Avoid close contact with people who are sick or exhibit symptoms. Stay home when you are sick.
Palm Beach County Parks and Recreation will continue to monitor the status of the COVID-19 in our area and will communicate any changes in the availability of our parks, facilities and services as they are made.
Please visit our website at www.pbcparks.com for updates on the status of your Palm Beach County parks.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record
- Florida Withholding COVID-19 Infection, Death Report For Wednesday
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Order
- School Board Meeting: More Than 500 To Comment On Holocaust Questioner Rehire
- EPA Says Make Sure Your Disinfectant Is On This List
- Fundraiser Today For Delray’s 3-Year-Old Sloane Caston, Battling Two Cancers
- LISTEN TO VOICEMAIL: Palm Beach County Elections Supervisor Calls Our Report Unfair
- CRASH: Atlantic and Jog In Delray Beach, Expect Delays