Hint: It’s Still Very Difficult To Find A List
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has received several calls from readers and viewers asking for help finding testing locations. We like to help, but incredibly, finding a list of testing locations open to the public is nearly impossible.
We have become big fans of Baptist Healthcare. This is the company that — after initially being panned for its takeover of Boca Raton Regional Hospital — has become the area’s leader in offering services and advice. Baptist runs not just Boca Raton Regional but also Bethesda East and Bethesda West Hospitals, both in Boynton. Bethesda is offering FREE telemedicine. We strongly suggest that if you don’t have a primary care physician, that you start on the Boca Regional Hospital website which is https://brrh.com.
Even if you’re in Boynton, the website will still lead you to Baptist’s telemedicine service. The code we’ve been given to give out — which is also on the Baptist website — is Care19. We believe Baptist will point you in the right direction for testing if it’s necessary.
Conversely, we have absolutely no idea if West Boca Medical Center or Delray Medical can help. Tenet Healthcare — which owns both facilities — has been silent while other medical providers have come forward. We advise calling West Boca (866-724-6002 — yes, a toll free number) or Delray Medical Center (561-498-4440) before heading to either. We just don’t know what they’re doing.
Perhaps your best bet is to call the Florida Health Department’s 24 hour help line which is 866-779-6121.
You are not alone if you are frustrated trying to find what should be simple information. We will publish a list if one ever becomes available. For now, call your doctor, try telemedicine, or call the health department.
We advise against driving around aimlessly looking for a facility.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive