School District Prepares For 200K Kids, Parents Using Google Classroom, Launches Tech Support
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Palm Beach County School District is preparing for tech problems comes Tuesday morning when nearly 200,000 students are expected to start learning online.
The vast majority will be relying on Google Classroom — many will be using resources they never experienced before. The District has been engaged in a massive Chromebook acquisition drive for students who do not use Chromebooks in their daily learning.
With so many kids and parents relying on home-based tech for potentially the first time, the School District has launched a tech support department for families. It will be operational from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The number is 561-969-5840. Support agents will operate in English, Spanish and Creole.
The Palm Beach County School District seems to setting low expectations, telling parents in a Thursday night email blast that the system will be a work in progress.
Virtual learning starts Tuesday morning. Teachers train on Monday.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression 27 Forms In Atlantic