UPDATE SUNDAY, MARCH 29, 2020 at 5 p.m.: Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says people like Tom Jordan, seen below, face citations and even NTA’s (Notice to Appear in front of a judge) for violating the mandate that all golf courses shut down. Bradshaw says it doesn’t matter if it’s a private club — it has to be shut. Read the latest here.
BOYNTON BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Delray Dunes Golf and Country Club, apparently believing that Coronavirus won’t enter if it’s not a member, has decided to reopen its golf course.
In a letter to members obtained by BocaNewsNow.com, the directors claim that reporting of the Palm Beach County Executive Order is wrong, that the mandatory golf club closures don’t apply to private clubs, and that private golf clubs should be allowed to do what they want to do. There is no mention in the email if directors truly believe that Delray Dunes is immune from Coronavirus because it’s a private club — health officials so far have made no indication that a membership fee and monthly minimum food spend is a deterrent to a fatal virus.
Health experts do agree, however, that it’s about to get bad in South Florida, where apparently the Delray Dunes Board of Directors believes COVID-19 is no match for a round of golf.
The letter to members suggests that Palm Beach County officials will re-issue the executive order to clarify that private clubs can do whatever they want. While anything is possible, BocaNewsNow.com has received no indication that this is true. Intellectually, it seems absurd.
Also no word of what the Delray Dunes insurance policy looks like if members can trace their infection back to the club — or whether it could rise to the level of wrongful death.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge
- FLORIDA: At Least 40 Children Admitted To Hospitals For COVID On Monday