BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — No official word from local law enforcement at this point, but police in Rhode Island are now enforcing that state’s executive order which requires anyone coming from New York to self-isolate upon entering. And it could happen here. Florida has had a similar order in effect for several days.
Health checks are now set up at Florida airports — and may be heading to roadways — as people enter Florida. If you were recently in New York, Connecticut, New Jersey or Louisiana, the order is clear: you must self-isolate for two weeks. Law enforcement is authorized to make sure you comply. If police here follow Rhode Island’s lead, that could include police stops of anyone with license plates from “hot zone” areas.
There are huge numbers of Palm Beach County drivers with NY plates — many inexplicably moving to the area but not changing their registrations. Florida law requires the registration change. And for those claiming to be a Florida resident on their taxes, getting stopped with NY plates is probably not ideal.
If you are driving with license plates from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, or Louisiana, don’t be surprised if you are stopped and asked when you entered Florida.
UPDATE: Boca Raton Police Spokesman Mark Economou tells BocaNewsNow.com that police in the City of Boca are not currently singling out folks with NY or NJ tags.
UPDATE 11pm Saturday: PBSO says it also is not at this time targeting NY/NJ/CT/Louisiana plates.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive
- COVID-19: Huge Spike In Flu-Related ER Visits In Palm Beach County
- COVID-19: DUI Arrests Surge As Phase 3 Begins, Boca, Delray, Boynton Bars Reopen
- DESANTIS DELUSIONAL? Florida Passes 14K Deaths, Approaches 700,000 COVID Infections
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected