UPDATE: Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says he will ARREST golf club managers who keep courses open — even private clubs. In a stunning rebuke, Bradshaw said that private country club can’t “opt out” of rules, or common sense. Read latest here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has received a number of emails from readers concerned that golf courses — including Royal Palm Yach and Country Club, Delray Dunes, and several others continue to allow members to golf. This would seem to violate at the least the spirit — if not the law — imposed by Palm Beach County Executive Orders.
It is unclear why these clubs have decided to open. It is unclear why they believe members are immune from COVID-19. It is unclear, at this point, how many of the Palm Beach County deaths may have been the result of community spread at area country clubs.
If you see open country clubs — especially with older members — let us know. Send photos. If you see golfers sharing golf carts, let us know. To state the obvious: Coronavirus couldn’t care less about gates, about membership fees, about monthly food and beverage minimums. It’s expected to get worse in Palm Beach County over the next several weeks where social distancing will be more important than ever.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT
- Palm Beach County Clerk Now Mandates Masks At All Locations
- EXECUTIVE ORDER: DESANTIS BANS MASKS, THREATENS SCHOOL FUNDING
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Parents Fear Masked Kids Will Be Bullied In School