UPDATE: Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw says he will ARREST golf club managers who keep courses open — even private clubs. In a stunning rebuke, Bradshaw said that private country club can’t “opt out” of rules, or common sense. Read latest here.
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has received a number of emails from readers concerned that golf courses — including Royal Palm Yach and Country Club, Delray Dunes, and several others continue to allow members to golf. This would seem to violate at the least the spirit — if not the law — imposed by Palm Beach County Executive Orders.
It is unclear why these clubs have decided to open. It is unclear why they believe members are immune from COVID-19. It is unclear, at this point, how many of the Palm Beach County deaths may have been the result of community spread at area country clubs.
If you see open country clubs — especially with older members — let us know. Send photos. If you see golfers sharing golf carts, let us know. To state the obvious: Coronavirus couldn’t care less about gates, about membership fees, about monthly food and beverage minimums. It’s expected to get worse in Palm Beach County over the next several weeks where social distancing will be more important than ever.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Sentencing For Female Fraudster, Seven Bridges Homeowner, Delayed
- DEAD ROACHES FOUND IN BOCA RATON RESTAURANT
- KINGS POINT: Convicted Cyberstalker Re-Arrested
- Man In Dominant-Submissive Relationship Submits To Feds, Sentenced To 50 Years
- Free School Supplies Available For 2022-23 Palm Beach County Students
- Boca Raton Mobile Home Destroyed Overnight In Blaze
- SWIMMING? These Area Pools Are Unsatisfactory, Says Health Dept.
- RESTRAINING DISABLED CHILDREN: PB Schools Set To Adopt Policy In Days
- TRAFFIC AHEAD: Expect Delays, Road Closures This Week In Palm Beach County