BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Lacquer Me Nail Bar in Boca Raton sent a message out via social media that it’s open — that it has special permission from Palm Beach County to continue its nail services. But when we called after being tipped by BocaNewsNow.com readers, we were told that the message must have been sent out in error because — of course — the City of Boca Raton order prohibits nail salons, and other non-essential businesses — from conducting business.
A salon representative first stated that the Palm Beach County order permits nail salons to remain open, but we have re-read that order several times and see no ‘nail salon’ exclusion. Even in Palm Beach County, nail salons are not considered “essential.”
In the City of Boca Raton, which has led the way with extensive rules and regulations, nail salons were never on the list of exceptions.
Lacquer Me Nail Bar confirms it is — and will remain — closed.
If you have a tip, email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA COVID: Palm Beach Pediatric Positivity 13.9 Percent As Schools Open
- Palm Beach County Schools: Substitutes Needed As In-Person Learning Begins
- Palm Beach Schools: Parents Still Say “No Way” To Sending Kids Back On Monday
- HURRICANE CENTER: Wilfred Forms, Early Track Towards Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Food Service Worker Horror Story
- Palm Beach Schools: Who Are The Parents Sending Their Kids Monday?
- HURRICANE CENTER: Expect New Tropical Storm To Form Today
- OMNI MIDDLE BOCA: Overflow Rooms In Use, Shortage Of Supplies Already
- FLORIDA COVID: State Passes 13,000 Deaths, Infections Rising Again