BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Lacquer Me Nail Bar in Boca Raton sent a message out via social media that it’s open — that it has special permission from Palm Beach County to continue its nail services. But when we called after being tipped by BocaNewsNow.com readers, we were told that the message must have been sent out in error because — of course — the City of Boca Raton order prohibits nail salons, and other non-essential businesses — from conducting business.
A salon representative first stated that the Palm Beach County order permits nail salons to remain open, but we have re-read that order several times and see no ‘nail salon’ exclusion. Even in Palm Beach County, nail salons are not considered “essential.”
In the City of Boca Raton, which has led the way with extensive rules and regulations, nail salons were never on the list of exceptions.
Lacquer Me Nail Bar confirms it is — and will remain — closed.
If you have a tip, email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny
- Firehouse Subs Boca Raton Cited By Health Inspector
- DRIVE-BY SHOOTING BOCA RATON: One Shot On I-95 At Yamato
- Palm Beach County To DeSantis: We Make The Rules, Not You
- PUSH BACK: Florida Airports Remind Masks Still Mandatory, DeSantis Has No Authority
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School District Says Wear Masks Or Stay Home
- Boca Raton Police Charge Real Estate Agent With Harming Child