BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Lacquer Me Nail Bar in Boca Raton sent a message out via social media that it’s open — that it has special permission from Palm Beach County to continue its nail services. But when we called after being tipped by BocaNewsNow.com readers, we were told that the message must have been sent out in error because — of course — the City of Boca Raton order prohibits nail salons, and other non-essential businesses — from conducting business.
A salon representative first stated that the Palm Beach County order permits nail salons to remain open, but we have re-read that order several times and see no ‘nail salon’ exclusion. Even in Palm Beach County, nail salons are not considered “essential.”
In the City of Boca Raton, which has led the way with extensive rules and regulations, nail salons were never on the list of exceptions.
Lacquer Me Nail Bar confirms it is — and will remain — closed.
If you have a tip, email us at news(at)bocanewsnow.com.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens