DELRAY BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are reports that a mobile testing site for COVID-19 will open at the South County Civic Center on Jog Road in Delray Beach early next week, but that is not official at this point. While an announcement may be made later Friday, Palm Beach County — for now — says the only official mobile testing site is the location on Haverhill Road.
And that site is no longer accepting reservations (as of 6:30 a.m. Friday) due to a lack of supplies and bookings running through Monday. Only those with reservations are allowed to drive into the testing area.
Here is the official update from Palm Beach County:
The Health Care District’s COVID-19 Screening Center received over 76,000 calls in the first hour this morning, representing over 1,100 unique callers. During that time, representatives scheduled nearly 850 appointments for COVID-19 drive-thru testing for Saturday. Representatives screened callers for symptoms per CDC criteria. The hotline, 561-642-1000, will reopen tomorrow at 8 a.m. and will stay open for as long as it takes to schedule approximately 500 appointments for Monday, April 6th, 2020. At that point, the remainder of the test kits will be assigned and scheduling won’t resume until additional test kits are received.
The drive-thru test site will expand and use all four lanes on Saturday. The testing site will be closed Sunday as our teams prepare for next week. The Health Care District’s C. L. Brumback Primary Care Clinics’ staff conducting the testing, along with on-site Palm Beach County staff and members of the Florida Army National Guard, thank patients for the signs of appreciation that they are posting in their car windows.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- GOOD COVID NEWS FLORIDA? All Numbers Dropping
- Enhanced DUI Charge Filed Against Boca Raton Woman
- CLAIM: Woman Critically Injured In Boca Raton Town Center Mall Lot
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose