BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Port of Palm Beach Saturday night transmitted a press release on behalf of Bahamas Paradise Cruise Lines, announcing a resumption of operations on Friday, May 8th, “welcoming travelers just in time to celebrate Mother’s Day weekend.”
The announcement, however, seems to violate current orders in place by both the State of Florida and, in this case, more importantly, Palm Beach County. The stay-at-home order, for now, is indefinite. But more importantly, there’s an issue of common sense. With so hundreds if not thousands of cases of COVID-19 tied to the cruise industry, why is a quasi-governmental agency promoting a Mother’s Day cruise to the Bahamas?
We asked Port of Palm Beach spokesperson Yaremia Farinas who transmitted the release. Farinas would only say that we needed to speak with Bahamas Paradise Cruise Line’s public relations agency. We asked why the Port of Palm Beach would send a release promoting something that seems to violate current CDC, Federal, State and County recommendations. We did not receive a response.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach
- Inmate Sues Boca Raton’s GEO Group For Withholding Dental Care
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Has 30 Percent Chance Of Development
- Michael Burke Named Interim Superintendent of Palm Beach County Schools