BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Palm Beach County is initiating a ‘face covering order’ effective Monday morning at 12:01 a.m. Here is the just released statement from the County.
“Palm Beach County issued Emergency Order 20-004 effective as of 12:01AM Monday, April 13, 2020.The Emergency Order states all persons working in, patronizing, or otherwise physically present in grocery stores, restaurants, pharmacies, construction sites, public transit vehicles, vehicles for hire, and locations where social distancing measures are not possible should wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC. All other persons physically present in any public place in Palm Beach County are strongly urged to wear facial coverings as defined by the CDC.
County Administrator Baker stresses the importance of slowing the spread by using facial covers: “Although the order begins early Monday, with the holidays being this weekend and families grocery shopping and getting together, it is advised that everyone who needs to be closer than 6 feet wear face coverings immediately. The number of new cases is going down and the sooner we consistently slow the spread; the sooner life starts to get back to normal.”
A facial covering includes any covering which snugly covers the lower face, nose, and mouth, whether store bought or homemade mask, or clothing covering, including but not limited to, a scarf, bandana, handkerchief or other similar cloth covering and which is secured in place. Examples of compliant homemade facial coverings may be found on the CDC website: CDC Face Coverings. Persons wearing facial coverings should review the CDC and Florida Department of Health guidelines regarding safely applying, removing, and cleaning facial coverings.
Persons utilizing facial coverings should not procure surgical masks or N95 rated masks, as those are critical supplies for health care workers, law enforcement, fire-rescue, emergency management, or other persons engaged in life and safety activities.“
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: New Phase 3 Orders, Clarifications, Sheriff Ordered To Enforce
- Federal Judge Slaps Delray’s Seven Bridges, Litigants LaGrasso and Tannenholz
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High