Crime Is Down, But Battery and Assault Arrests Continue In Boca, Delray
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has reviewed Palm Beach County Jail records for the past several days of COVID-19 mandated “lockdown.” Based solely on those records, it appears that the most common arrest now is for battery, and more often than not, domestic battery.
Our review focused on the Boca Raton Police Department, the Delray Beach Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. The conclusion is only as accurate as the jail intake reports. But it does show a tremendous drop in arrests overall as — for the most part — people are not roaming as freely as they did just weeks ago.
In the past seven days, using the cities of Delray Beach and Boca Raton as the search criteria, a total of 32 arrests were logged. Of those 32, 14 were battery or battery-related crimes. There have also been a small number of DUI arrests and a “possession of obscene material involving a minor” arrest.
Palm Beach County State’s Attorney Dave Aronberg said during a news conference last week that area police departments are seeing an increase in battery — and domestic battery — offenses as people are stuck at home with each other. He said — as is evidenced by the numbers — that police are still responding to all crimes, and will continue to arrest offenders.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested
- UPDATE: Palm Beach School Threat Ongoing, Yet Nothing, All At The Same Time
- LAWSUIT: Paver Company Steamrolled Local Homeowner During Pool Renovation
- SIRENS: Choking In Boca, Suicide Attempt At Target, Trauma At A Country Club