BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 524 recorded deaths related to COVID-19 in Florida. With that update comes a rise in reported infections as well — it’s now 21,367 statewide. At least 2,909 people have been — or are — hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 symptoms.
In Palm Beach County, the infection count has risen again. Now it’s 1,727. While an increase in infections is certainly not ideal, remember that more testing means more positive cases, so it may not be as ominous as it seems. If you’re looking for ominous, however, the Palm Beach County death count is nearing 100. It currently stands at 93. It has steadily risen each day since monitoring began.
Of those infected, the surprising statistic we pointed out this morning continues, but now there are numbers to report with it: there are more women infected in PBC than men. According to the health officials, 837 women have tested positive for COVID-19, 824 men. There is a roughly one percent segment for which gender is not being reported.
In Boca Raton, 290 people have tested positive for COVID-19, it’s 227 in Delray Beach and 222 in Boynton Beach. As a smart reader pointed out: these numbers are more likely than not in the CITY of each of the jurisdictions, not the parts of Palm Beach County that share the same name. If you are unsure where you live, click on the “where do I live” button on the top of this website — it will show whether you live the City of Boca Raton, The City of Delray Beach, The City of Boynton Beach, or unincorporated Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is Florida Gov. DeSantis Blocking CDC From COVID Data?
- CITY OF DELRAY BEACH REQUIRES EMPLOYEES TO SHOW VAX PROOF
- Want Local Misinformation On COVID-19? Check NextDoor App
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Far From Florida Has 20 Percent Development Chance
- FATAL CRASH BOCA: David Hernandez, 21, Killed, Driver Allegedly Drunk
- KIDS HOSPITALIZED FLORIDA: CDC Report Reveals Children Hospitalized With COVID
- CDC Predicts 40,867 COVID Deaths In Florida In Four Weeks
- Seven Bridges HOA Sued Again: Defamation Claim By Caterer
- FLORIDA HOSPITALS IN CRISIS, 10K COVID PATIENTS USING BEDS