BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now 524 recorded deaths related to COVID-19 in Florida. With that update comes a rise in reported infections as well — it’s now 21,367 statewide. At least 2,909 people have been — or are — hospitalized in Florida with COVID-19 symptoms.
In Palm Beach County, the infection count has risen again. Now it’s 1,727. While an increase in infections is certainly not ideal, remember that more testing means more positive cases, so it may not be as ominous as it seems. If you’re looking for ominous, however, the Palm Beach County death count is nearing 100. It currently stands at 93. It has steadily risen each day since monitoring began.
Of those infected, the surprising statistic we pointed out this morning continues, but now there are numbers to report with it: there are more women infected in PBC than men. According to the health officials, 837 women have tested positive for COVID-19, 824 men. There is a roughly one percent segment for which gender is not being reported.
In Boca Raton, 290 people have tested positive for COVID-19, it’s 227 in Delray Beach and 222 in Boynton Beach. As a smart reader pointed out: these numbers are more likely than not in the CITY of each of the jurisdictions, not the parts of Palm Beach County that share the same name. If you are unsure where you live, click on the “where do I live” button on the top of this website — it will show whether you live the City of Boca Raton, The City of Delray Beach, The City of Boynton Beach, or unincorporated Palm Beach County.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASK MANDATE: Local Airports Remind Florida Travelers They Must Wear Masks
- STUDENT ASSAULTED AT OMNI MIDDLE SCHOOL, SCHOOL BOARD SUED
- SIRENS: Dead At Boca Woods, Fainting At PBI, Bleeding At Canyons Middle School
- Several Boca Raton Elementary Schools Face Boundary Changes For Next School Year
- UPDATE: Turo Claims It Paid For Damage To Boca Man’s Car After Drug Addict’s Crash, But…
- PBSO Takes Over Deadly I-95 Shooting Investigation
- ARREST: Boca Man, Accused Of Cheating With Woman Overseas, Charged With Felony
- SIRENS: Traumatic Injury At West Boca High, Dead In Valencia, Overheating At Delray Tennis Center
- Delray Beach Woman Allegedly Attacks Mother, Wrongly Claims She Won’t Be Arrested