BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the State of Florida now reports at least 21,019 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 499 deaths, the Palm Beach County statistics reveal a surprising new number.
For the first time since tracking began, more women are infected with COVID-19 than men. According to the Florida Department of Health, of the now 1,704 people infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, 50 percent are female but 49 percent are male. One percent — as has been the case with PBC reporting — is unaccounted for. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 57. The age range is 0 to 104.
The death count in Palm Beach County has again risen. It’s now 92. The age range of the deceased is now 38 to 99.
In Boca Raton, health officials confirm at least 285 cases, 226 in Delray Beach and 218 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida