BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the State of Florida now reports at least 21,019 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 499 deaths, the Palm Beach County statistics reveal a surprising new number.
For the first time since tracking began, more women are infected with COVID-19 than men. According to the Florida Department of Health, of the now 1,704 people infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, 50 percent are female but 49 percent are male. One percent — as has been the case with PBC reporting — is unaccounted for. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 57. The age range is 0 to 104.
The death count in Palm Beach County has again risen. It’s now 92. The age range of the deceased is now 38 to 99.
In Boca Raton, health officials confirm at least 285 cases, 226 in Delray Beach and 218 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center