BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — As the State of Florida now reports at least 21,019 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 499 deaths, the Palm Beach County statistics reveal a surprising new number.
For the first time since tracking began, more women are infected with COVID-19 than men. According to the Florida Department of Health, of the now 1,704 people infected with COVID-19 in Palm Beach County, 50 percent are female but 49 percent are male. One percent — as has been the case with PBC reporting — is unaccounted for. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is now 57. The age range is 0 to 104.
The death count in Palm Beach County has again risen. It’s now 92. The age range of the deceased is now 38 to 99.
In Boca Raton, health officials confirm at least 285 cases, 226 in Delray Beach and 218 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Pfizer COVID-19 Appointments Available In Palm Beach County
- FSA Testing Brings COVID-19 Increase In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Resident Gregg Fredman Jailed For Child Abuse
- Did Boca Raton Police Try To Hide Death Of Federal Judge?
- FLORIDA PROBLEMS: Record Positivity Rate, Record New COVID Infections
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge