Rivergate KW Residential Management Not Responding To Our Requests
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The Crossroads at Downtown Boca apartment complex at 1150 Southwest 2nd Avenue is popular — at least in part — with students at Florida Atlantic University.
But when FAU shut down for COVID-19, and college kids largely lost their part time jobs, some were stuck in a position of needing to go home. After all, that’s what they were advised to do.
For Rivergate KW Management (RKW Residential) however, COVID-19 apparently became a profit center. Instead of doing what would have been considered the ‘right thing’ and letting students out of their leases, Rivergate KW instead executed part a termination clause in the leases and assessed a several thousand dollar fee.
One parent contacting BocaNewsNow.com called the fee “outrageous,” saying he tried to negotiate with KW but they wouldn’t even have a discussion. We called the Crossroads at Downtown Boca Raton apartment complex and spoke with a manager. She told us someone from Rivergate KW would call us back but no one from the company has called BocaNewsNow.com in nearly a day.
Ironically, had the students stayed and not paid rent, Rivergate KW would have been powerless to evict them. Evictions are prohibited in Florida for non-payment of rent during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Rivergate KW is not affiliated with FAU — this is considered “off campus” housing. RKW Residential is a large apartment management company with executive offices in Charlotte and Miami. Companies that rent to FAU students, however, are encouraged to be good school community citizens. It seems Rivergate KW is not in this case. We will update if RKW Residential changes course.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Fatal Crash In Gleneagles Country Club, Pedestrian Struck In Front Of Home
- Child Neglect, Hit and Run Charges For Boca Raton Woman
- Reminder: Masks Still Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- Biergarten Boca Raton Sued, Drunk Dancer Falls On Woman
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Florida’s Turnpike To Close
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped