BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers just won’t stabilize in Florida or in Palm Beach County.
Let’s start with the entire state, where after 610 new cases were reported on April 14th — potentially signaling a downward turn, April 15th brought 938 new cases. The total in Florida now: 23,340 cases with 668 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 1,867 is the number of confirmed positive cases with the death county now up to 112. There are — or have been — a total of 325 hospitalizations. The Health Department is now providing us with a bit more in the way of demographics. By race, 213 people who identify as “black” are infected while 675 are identified as “white.” 127 are listed as “other.” A whopping 44 percent — 801 people — are “unknown.”
We now have ethnicity information: 218 people in Palm Beach County who are positive for COVID-19 identify as “Hispanic,” 757 identify as “non-hispanic,” while 841 are “unknown.”
The infection count in Boca Raton is now 304, it’s 247 in Delray Beach and 239 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday