BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers just won’t stabilize in Florida or in Palm Beach County.
Let’s start with the entire state, where after 610 new cases were reported on April 14th — potentially signaling a downward turn, April 15th brought 938 new cases. The total in Florida now: 23,340 cases with 668 deaths.
In Palm Beach County, 1,867 is the number of confirmed positive cases with the death county now up to 112. There are — or have been — a total of 325 hospitalizations. The Health Department is now providing us with a bit more in the way of demographics. By race, 213 people who identify as “black” are infected while 675 are identified as “white.” 127 are listed as “other.” A whopping 44 percent — 801 people — are “unknown.”
We now have ethnicity information: 218 people in Palm Beach County who are positive for COVID-19 identify as “Hispanic,” 757 identify as “non-hispanic,” while 841 are “unknown.”
The infection count in Boca Raton is now 304, it’s 247 in Delray Beach and 239 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- DeSantis Again Declares Victory Over CDC Cruise Restrictions
- HURRICANE CENTER: Tropical Depression Likely To Form Within Days Near Florida
- Boca Raton Woman Drives Without Tire, FaceTimes During DUI Stop
- Fort Lauderdale Airport Again At Capacity, Off-Site Parking Opens
- FLORIDA COVID DISASTER: CDC Reveals 12K New Cases Wednesday, 60K In Week
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Drifting, Formation Chance Increases
- Boynton Beach Police To Shut Major Road For Investigation
- Boca Raton Man Charged With Driving During Zoom Court Hearing
- Florida’s Turnpike Remains Closed, Tractor Trailer Into Canal In Boynton Beach