New Infection Milestone In Boca Raton; Race Data Released For First Time
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Things were looking better. Now, not so much. After a dramatic decrease in new cases reported in Florida between Monday and Tuesday — where new cases went from 1000 to 611, the number of new cases on Wednesday increased again to 764. Based solely on numbers released by the health department there has not been a consistent decline in the number of new cases reported since monitoring of COVID-19 began.
In Palm Beach County as Thursday, April 16th, 2020 gets underway: there are 1,816 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The median age of those infected in PBC is 57. We now have race information — 663 of those infected are identified as “white,” 195 as “black” and 130 as “other.” Women are still leading men — 50 percent to 49 percent.
The death count in Palm Beach County is now 107.
In Boca Raton, there are now 300 confirmed cases of COVID-19, 240 in Delray Beach and 232 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Forecasters Watching First System Of Season
- MONKEY POX SOUTH FLORIDA: Health Officials Investigate Possible Local Case
- TRAFFIC: I-95 Closure In Boca Raton Part Of Big Traffic Week Ahead
- Delray Beach Woman Crashes On I-95, Is Jailed For DUI
- MYSTERY: Dead Frog Circles Appearing In Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- HUGE COVID SPIKE IN FLORIDA, PALM BEACH COUNTY
- Did Bad Nursing At Bethesda East Hospital Lead To Woman’s Death?
- LAWSUIT: VALENCIA BAY TO REMOVE HUNDREDS OF OAK TREES
- Fourth DUI Arrest For Boca Woman Working At Addiction Center