BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We told you this morning on BocaNewsNow.com TV that the “new case” trend — the most important number when it comes to reopening Florida — is all over the place. The latest update from the Florida Department of Health shows the “all over the place” trend continues. If you look at the graph above, you’ll see the past four days at the far right hand side.
On April 13th: 1000 new cases were added.
On April 14th: 600 new cases were added — a good sign.
On April 15th: 938 new cases were added — not a good sign.
On April 16th: 1,200 new cases were added — very much not a good sign.
The numbers suggest that we are not out of the woods yet in Florida. As of mid-day Friday, there are 24,119 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state. The death count is 686. At least 3507 are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 issues.
In Palm Beach County, there are 1,962 cases of COVID-19. The death count is holding at 113. There are — or have been — 328 hospitalizations. The median age of those infected in Palm Beach County is 57.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 314 confirmed cases, it’s 257 in Delray Beach and 251 in Boynton Beach.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive