BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Stopping a wave of what may be attorneys playing fast and loose with technology — claiming that they are entitled to delays because their clients can’t take part in Zoom or similar video court sessions — Chief Justice Krista Marx Friday ordered sweeping new rules and regulations for essential court hearings during the COVID-19 crisis.
The complete text order is lengthy and can be downloaded as a PDF below. The takeaway paragraph is this:
Essential court proceedings shall not be held remotely unless specifically approved by the Chief Judge and only if it has been determined that they can be effectively held using the technology available to the Circuit. All other essential court proceedings will be held in- person. When conducting in-person essential court proceedings, all judges must employ all methods feasible to minimize the risk of COVID-19 exposure to individuals involved in the proceedings and the general public.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: System Forming In Atlantic…In December!
- Palm Beach County School District Set To Expel Six Students
- CRANE COLLAPSES ON I-95, SHUTTING DOWN INTERSTATE, MASSIVE DELAYS
- Amex Sues Palm Beach County Man Over $272K Unpaid Bill
- West Boca Raton Shooting Victim Identified
- I-95 To Close In Delray Beach This Week, Here’s What You Need To Know
- KINGS POINT DELRAY BEACH: Another Resident Arrested, This Time For DUI
- UPDATE: Man Found Shot On Glades Road In Boca Raton Is Broward Resident
- Popular Atlantic Avenue Delray Beach Restaurant Cited By Health Inspector