TALLAHASSEE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon made it clear that he is not rushing a mass reopening of the State of Florida.
DeSantis, who critics say is aligned with President Donald Trump, did not take President Trump’s position that restarting sooner than later is a good idea.
Instead, he said a task force would be announced Monday with the job of looking at all aspects of life in Florida — from tourism to the space industry, from agriculture to international travel.
DeSantis was not asked about the beach opening in Duval County — Jacksonville — where thousands flocked to the beach in the hours after a Friday afternoon reopening.
DeSantis suggested that unreleased statistics are showing a gradual decline in new cases — a key metric in relaxing restrictions — but acknowledge the State of Florida is not there, yet.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday