TALLAHASSEE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon made it clear that he is not rushing a mass reopening of the State of Florida.
DeSantis, who critics say is aligned with President Donald Trump, did not take President Trump’s position that restarting sooner than later is a good idea.
Instead, he said a task force would be announced Monday with the job of looking at all aspects of life in Florida — from tourism to the space industry, from agriculture to international travel.
DeSantis was not asked about the beach opening in Duval County — Jacksonville — where thousands flocked to the beach in the hours after a Friday afternoon reopening.
DeSantis suggested that unreleased statistics are showing a gradual decline in new cases — a key metric in relaxing restrictions — but acknowledge the State of Florida is not there, yet.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- OLYMPIC HEIGHTS HIGH SCHOOL: Report Of Gas Leak Brings Fire Response
- FAU Heads To Final Four, What’s Your Florida Atlantic Story?
- Naked Woman Found Climbing Tree, Police Think Involved In Palm Beach County Murder
- More Traffic Frustration In Boca Raton Set For Sunday Night, Monday Morning
- BOCA RUDETON: Publix Again For The Dogs, Thanks To Woman At Westwinds Plaza
- TRAFFIC: Major I-95 Southbound Delays Expected Sunday
- BOIL WATER ADVISORY ISSUED FOR PART OF OUR COVERAGE AREA
- Car Fire Slows Traffic Near Seven Bridges Delray Beach
- WARNING: I-95 To Close In Boca Raton For Several Nights This Week