TALLAHASSEE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon made it clear that he is not rushing a mass reopening of the State of Florida.
DeSantis, who critics say is aligned with President Donald Trump, did not take President Trump’s position that restarting sooner than later is a good idea.
Instead, he said a task force would be announced Monday with the job of looking at all aspects of life in Florida — from tourism to the space industry, from agriculture to international travel.
DeSantis was not asked about the beach opening in Duval County — Jacksonville — where thousands flocked to the beach in the hours after a Friday afternoon reopening.
DeSantis suggested that unreleased statistics are showing a gradual decline in new cases — a key metric in relaxing restrictions — but acknowledge the State of Florida is not there, yet.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Broward Doctor Stewart Bitman Jailed On Child Solicitation Charges
- Robert Weinroth, Vice PBC Mayor, Blasts Local Vaccine Distribution
- Boca Raton Stopped Key COVID Report Just Before Presidential Election
- Omni Middle School Violent Bullying Leads To Lawsuit
- Boca Raton Woman Jailed On DUI Charge
- Biden Battles DeSantis Over FEMA COVID Shot Camps
- Boca Raton’s Dean Formica Killed In Crash
- POLICE REPORT: Emaciated Boca Raton Dog Died, Owner Jailed
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days