TALLAHASSEE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon made it clear that he is not rushing a mass reopening of the State of Florida.
DeSantis, who critics say is aligned with President Donald Trump, did not take President Trump’s position that restarting sooner than later is a good idea.
Instead, he said a task force would be announced Monday with the job of looking at all aspects of life in Florida — from tourism to the space industry, from agriculture to international travel.
DeSantis was not asked about the beach opening in Duval County — Jacksonville — where thousands flocked to the beach in the hours after a Friday afternoon reopening.
DeSantis suggested that unreleased statistics are showing a gradual decline in new cases — a key metric in relaxing restrictions — but acknowledge the State of Florida is not there, yet.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Did A Boca High School Parent Stage A Prom, Violating COVID Rules?
- Another Kings Point Resident Jailed, This Time For Battery
- FLORIDA: COVID ER Visits Rising, Local ICU Count Up, Positivity Slightly Down
- Leaders Of “Extreme Jewish Sect” Charged With Child Exploitation
- SAFETY ALERT: Aptive Pest Control Allegedly Trespassing In Area Communities
- Former Boca Raton Chief Dan Alexander Named Chief Of Palm Beach County School Police
- DEVELOPING: Palm Beach Schools Distance Learning System Failing
- Burt and Max’s Delray Beach Cited For Mold, Insects
- COVID SPREAD SPEEDS: Florida Positivity Jumps To Highest In Month