TALLAHASSEE, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon made it clear that he is not rushing a mass reopening of the State of Florida.
DeSantis, who critics say is aligned with President Donald Trump, did not take President Trump’s position that restarting sooner than later is a good idea.
Instead, he said a task force would be announced Monday with the job of looking at all aspects of life in Florida — from tourism to the space industry, from agriculture to international travel.
DeSantis was not asked about the beach opening in Duval County — Jacksonville — where thousands flocked to the beach in the hours after a Friday afternoon reopening.
DeSantis suggested that unreleased statistics are showing a gradual decline in new cases — a key metric in relaxing restrictions — but acknowledge the State of Florida is not there, yet.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools
- CAUGHT ON TAPE: Man Beats Dog In Boynton Beach, Police Investigate
- STABBING ON THE HIGH SEAS: Florida Man Sentenced For Using Gun, Knife On Captain
- WEATHER: Palm Beach County May Feel Lows Around 70
- West Boca Raton High School Student Tests Positive For COVID-19
- Reminder: No Palm Beach County School Monday; Del Prado Staffer Tests Positive