BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon announced that health officials will now release data concerning specific nursing homes across the state where patients and/or staffers have tested positive for COVID-19.
DeSantis was the subject of significant negative reporting nationwide over the past several days when it was revealed that the Florida Department of Health was refusing to release specific nursing home information, suggesting a coverup of data that should be public.
Governor DeSantis now says that information will be released. He also said the National Guard will increase its “strike team” efforts to visit all nursing and assisted care facilities in the state to determine the level of infections, who needs help, and to get a real world vision of what is happening at the local level.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District