BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Saturday afternoon announced that health officials will now release data concerning specific nursing homes across the state where patients and/or staffers have tested positive for COVID-19.
DeSantis was the subject of significant negative reporting nationwide over the past several days when it was revealed that the Florida Department of Health was refusing to release specific nursing home information, suggesting a coverup of data that should be public.
Governor DeSantis now says that information will be released. He also said the National Guard will increase its “strike team” efforts to visit all nursing and assisted care facilities in the state to determine the level of infections, who needs help, and to get a real world vision of what is happening at the local level.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Missing Boynton Woman Found Dead, Man Arrested
- Arrest In Seven Bridges: Audi Blocked By Mercedes Leads To Assault Charge
- Amazing Photos: Two Tractor Trailers Crash On Turnpike Near Delray Beach
- Do You Live Near These Boca Raton Sex Offenders?
- Boca Raton’s Rex Baron Cited By Health Inspectors
- Popular Delray Beach Restaurant Sued Over Umbrella Incident
- New Rules For COVID-19 Shots As Publix Again Takes Appointments
- Boca Raton Man Pleads Guilty To Posting Child Abuse Photos Of Toddler In His Care
- Alleged Boca Meth House Raided