BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first wave of Monday morning (April 20, 2020) numbers show a rise in the death count for both Palm Beach County and the State of Florida, but simultaneously a third day of decline in new cases statewide.
Across all of Florida, there are now at least 26,314 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 774.
Of note — and we caution that this data is easily manipulated based on the number of tests being processed — but we had seen three days of declines in new cases. On April 16th, 1,200 new cases were reported in Florida. On April 17th, 1,100 new cases were logged. On April 18th it was 766 and on April 19th the number was 566.
Again, these numbers are good but completely based on the number of tests processed.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2.170 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 121.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 342 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 283. In Boynton, it’s 289.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Tropical Depression Could Form Within Day
- FLORIDA COVID: More Than 14K Cases Recorded On Friday, 148 Deaths
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Child Neglect, Weapon Charge
- Get Paid To Get A COVID Shot In Boca Raton
- Delray Beach Police Officer Arrested
- IT’S ALIVE: Hurricane Hunter Finds Circulation In System Near Florida
- Lotus Boca Raton Homeowner Sued For Spreading Rumors About Neighbor
- Palm Beach County COVID Hospitalizations Jump
- FLORIDA: Tropical Depression Now Likely To Form