BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first wave of Monday morning (April 20, 2020) numbers show a rise in the death count for both Palm Beach County and the State of Florida, but simultaneously a third day of decline in new cases statewide.
Across all of Florida, there are now at least 26,314 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 774.
Of note — and we caution that this data is easily manipulated based on the number of tests being processed — but we had seen three days of declines in new cases. On April 16th, 1,200 new cases were reported in Florida. On April 17th, 1,100 new cases were logged. On April 18th it was 766 and on April 19th the number was 566.
Again, these numbers are good but completely based on the number of tests processed.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2.170 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 121.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 342 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 283. In Boynton, it’s 289.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Teacher Union: Keep Masks In Palm Beach Schools
- New Mask Policy In Palm Beach County School District
- ALLEGATION: Home Depot Botched $16K Storm Window Install, Ignoring Inspectors
- Woman Vomits In Town Center Mall Parking Lot, Is Charged With DUI
- COVID FLORIDA: Positivity Drops Into 4’s For First Time In Months, But Infections Rising
- Publix Ignores Maskless Woman As Stunned Shoppers Ask Her To Cover Mouth, Nose
- CLAIM: Inmate Stabbed In Cell, Boca Raton’s GEO Group Liable
- Mask Mandate Alive In Palm Beach County, Officials Say Cops May Enforce
- Tweets By Boca Raton Teacher About Guns, Masks, The Lord Under Scrutiny