BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The first wave of Monday morning (April 20, 2020) numbers show a rise in the death count for both Palm Beach County and the State of Florida, but simultaneously a third day of decline in new cases statewide.
Across all of Florida, there are now at least 26,314 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count is 774.
Of note — and we caution that this data is easily manipulated based on the number of tests being processed — but we had seen three days of declines in new cases. On April 16th, 1,200 new cases were reported in Florida. On April 17th, 1,100 new cases were logged. On April 18th it was 766 and on April 19th the number was 566.
Again, these numbers are good but completely based on the number of tests processed.
In Palm Beach County, there are now 2.170 confirmed cases of COVID-19. The death count has risen to 121.
In Boca Raton, there are at least 342 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In Delray Beach it’s 283. In Boynton, it’s 289.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HURRICANE CENTER: Two New Systems South Of Florida
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Parents Forced To Make Permanent Learning Choice
- FLORIDA: Gov. DeSantis’ COVID Eviction Ban Ending
- Boca Raton Chiropractor Jonathan Rouffe Pleads Guilty, Faces 10 Years In Federal Prison
- Boca Barber Shoots At Customers, Boca Police Trim His Freedom
- LOTS OF DEATH: Florida Again Reporting High COVID Death Numbers, Infections
- COVID: Lynn University Continues “Block” Scheduling Through Spring
- COVID: Palm Beach School Board Member Calls For More Transparency
- COVID: Palm Beach County Schools Report More Cases, But No Outbreak