BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we first reported over the weekend, there are now more than 4600 “signatures” on the Change.Org petition dedicated to reopening golf courses in Palm Beach County.
While these “signers” say that they want to golf within CDC guidelines, several readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com point out that these golfers are apparently not giving thought to the workers would would have to risk exposure from golfers through reopening clubs which would require bathrooms, offices, groundskeepers, and maintenance people.
Or they don’t care.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner on Friday said that golf courses — and every other facility, public or private — covered by an executive order will remain closed until further notice. Kerner said he is in “lock step” with officials in Broward and Miami-Dade. No one will reopen until everyone reopens.
Meantime, the death count and infection count in Palm Beach County both continue to rise.
Here’s a link to the petition. Keep in mind, Change.Org petitions have absolutely impact. There is no magic number — yes, we’ve heard this — there is no magic number where someone says, “ahhh, you have 4600 signatures, we must do what you tell us to do.”
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AIRBNB Sued Over South Palm Beach County Hammock Incident
- Man Killed By Brightline Train In Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Manslaughter Charge
- BOCA BRIDGES: Homeowner Strangles Another Homeowner, Caught On Ring Camera
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Listen To The 911 Call When Man Found With Blood, White Powder
- I-95 To Close Again In Boca Raton, This Time Tuesday
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Major Crash At Palmetto Park Road And U.S. 441
- Thunderstorms Likely Sunday Night, Then Decent Week Ahead
- Former Miami Dolphin Vontae Davis Arrested For DUI In South Florida