BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we first reported over the weekend, there are now more than 4600 “signatures” on the Change.Org petition dedicated to reopening golf courses in Palm Beach County.
While these “signers” say that they want to golf within CDC guidelines, several readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com point out that these golfers are apparently not giving thought to the workers would would have to risk exposure from golfers through reopening clubs which would require bathrooms, offices, groundskeepers, and maintenance people.
Or they don’t care.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner on Friday said that golf courses — and every other facility, public or private — covered by an executive order will remain closed until further notice. Kerner said he is in “lock step” with officials in Broward and Miami-Dade. No one will reopen until everyone reopens.
Meantime, the death count and infection count in Palm Beach County both continue to rise.
Here’s a link to the petition. Keep in mind, Change.Org petitions have absolutely impact. There is no magic number — yes, we’ve heard this — there is no magic number where someone says, “ahhh, you have 4600 signatures, we must do what you tell us to do.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL SITUATION BAD: Latest HHS Numbers Scary
- HURRICANE CENTER: New Tropical Wave East Of Florida May Grow
- West Boca, Delray Medical Centers Restrict Visitors
- PALM BEACH SCHOOL TEACHERS: “We’ll Reward Kids Who Wear Masks”
- COVID CRISIS FLORIDA: State Reports Another 16,935 Infections, 140 Deaths
- ARMED ROBBERY OUTSIDE TOWN CENTER MALL: Boca Raton Police Investigate
- UPDATE: Hurricane Center Now Says Two Systems Forming
- LAWSUIT: Don’t Burn The Body! Boca Raton Woman Set For Cremation, Son Says Stop…
- Daniel Porush, “Wolf Of Boca Raton,” Jailed On DUI Charge