BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we first reported over the weekend, there are now more than 4600 “signatures” on the Change.Org petition dedicated to reopening golf courses in Palm Beach County.
While these “signers” say that they want to golf within CDC guidelines, several readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com point out that these golfers are apparently not giving thought to the workers would would have to risk exposure from golfers through reopening clubs which would require bathrooms, offices, groundskeepers, and maintenance people.
Or they don’t care.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner on Friday said that golf courses — and every other facility, public or private — covered by an executive order will remain closed until further notice. Kerner said he is in “lock step” with officials in Broward and Miami-Dade. No one will reopen until everyone reopens.
Meantime, the death count and infection count in Palm Beach County both continue to rise.
Here’s a link to the petition. Keep in mind, Change.Org petitions have absolutely impact. There is no magic number — yes, we’ve heard this — there is no magic number where someone says, “ahhh, you have 4600 signatures, we must do what you tell us to do.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases