BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Updating a story we first reported over the weekend, there are now more than 4600 “signatures” on the Change.Org petition dedicated to reopening golf courses in Palm Beach County.
While these “signers” say that they want to golf within CDC guidelines, several readers contacting BocaNewsNow.com point out that these golfers are apparently not giving thought to the workers would would have to risk exposure from golfers through reopening clubs which would require bathrooms, offices, groundskeepers, and maintenance people.
Or they don’t care.
Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner on Friday said that golf courses — and every other facility, public or private — covered by an executive order will remain closed until further notice. Kerner said he is in “lock step” with officials in Broward and Miami-Dade. No one will reopen until everyone reopens.
Meantime, the death count and infection count in Palm Beach County both continue to rise.
Here’s a link to the petition. Keep in mind, Change.Org petitions have absolutely impact. There is no magic number — yes, we’ve heard this — there is no magic number where someone says, “ahhh, you have 4600 signatures, we must do what you tell us to do.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Heading To Disney World? No Masks Outside, Still Required Inside
- LOWEST IN A YEAR: Local COVID Hospitalizations Plummet
- No Mask Required In Publix If You Are Vaccinated
- Enhanced DUI Charge For Boca Man, Open Corona In Car When Stopped
- Florida Airports Remind: You MUST Wear Masks
- SEVEN BRIDGES DELRAY: Federal Judge Rules In Favor Of HOA, Expect Appeal
- Delray Man Says He’s Worth $27M, Refuses To Pay $117 Dinner Check
- Masks Remain Mandatory In Palm Beach County Schools
- BREAKING: CDC Says Vaccinated People Can Stop Wearing Masks