BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com just received the following statement from Bob Stone, Director of American Heritage Camp Delray:
Due to the medical risks & latest information about the
Covid -19 Virus available , at this time American Heritage has
decided to cancel the 2020 Camp season . We will be offering an
expanded online program through our existing Summer Institute . A
letter explaining all the details will be emailed to our camp families
tomorrow . Everyone’s safety must be the number one consideration
during such a difficult time.
The American Heritage announcement comes just hours after Eagles Landing Camp announced that it is “essential” and will open for the summer on June 8th.
It was not immediately clear under what existing order Eagles Landing camp believes it qualifies to be designated as “essential.” It is also unclear what medical precautions will be taken in a camp environment.
Eagles Landing and American Heritage are two of the largest day camps in the region. We are waiting to hear from St. Andrews, another of the area’s top camps.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT