BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com just received the following statement from Bob Stone, Director of American Heritage Camp Delray:
Due to the medical risks & latest information about the
Covid -19 Virus available , at this time American Heritage has
decided to cancel the 2020 Camp season . We will be offering an
expanded online program through our existing Summer Institute . A
letter explaining all the details will be emailed to our camp families
tomorrow . Everyone’s safety must be the number one consideration
during such a difficult time.
The American Heritage announcement comes just hours after Eagles Landing Camp announced that it is “essential” and will open for the summer on June 8th.
It was not immediately clear under what existing order Eagles Landing camp believes it qualifies to be designated as “essential.” It is also unclear what medical precautions will be taken in a camp environment.
Eagles Landing and American Heritage are two of the largest day camps in the region. We are waiting to hear from St. Andrews, another of the area’s top camps.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- West Boca Man, Charged With Stalking, Says “Current Marriage Is A Joke”
- DEADLY DECISION? Phase Three Happening, Palm Beach County Masking Continues, Other Orders Lifting
- DESANTIS: PHASE 3 NOW STATEWIDE, LOCAL RULES LARGELY DON’T MATTER
- CODE ENFORCEMENT: We Have Every COVID-19 Inspection In Boca Raton, Read The Reports
- Palm Beach County Says Bars Can Open Sooner Than Expected
- Boca Raton’s Jill Davis Charged With DUI, Nearly Three Times Legal Limit
- Boca Raton’s Timothy Werner Refuses DUI Test, Jailed
- Boca Raton’s Moise Gadoury Jailed, Didn’t Register As Sex Offender
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low