BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We shared a voicemail Wednesday night that we received from an angry, angry golfer livid that Palm Beach County continues to ban golf due to the deadly virus known as COVID-19. We were slammed by this caller for suggesting that Palm Beach County Officials know what they’re talking about and that, like the once popular song from the Broadway hit Avenue Q, ”it’s only for now.” At issue, the increasingly absurd Change.Org petition “demanding” that golf reopen. The “absurd” part is Change.Org — it’s a website that sounds great but carries no official weight in official decision making.
That caller suggested that we are yielding to our “Communist brothers in China” to generate copy.
That’s just not true. The time difference makes it impossible.
BocaNewsNow.com received another voicemail this morning (Thursday, April 23, 2020) suggesting — actually more than suggesting — that we move to Venezuela.
The two voicemails are below. At least the second caller told us to have a nice day.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palmetto Place Condo Sued Over Mask Mandate
- CLAIM: Lithium Overdose Caused By Boca Raton Publix
- Delray Beach Woman Sues Boca Kosher Market
- Florida’s “Vulnerable” Form For COVID-19 Shot May Be HIPAA Violation
- COVID Count Rising In Palm Beach County Schools
- Delray Beach Man, Registered Sex Offender, Arrested Again For Sex Crime
- Teacher, Arrested By Boca Raton Police, Set To Be Fired Today
- Delray’s Tiffany Terrazzano Jailed On Repeat Charge
- Palm Beach County Extends Mask Mandate, Some Fear DeSantis Will Ban It