BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We shared a voicemail Wednesday night that we received from an angry, angry golfer livid that Palm Beach County continues to ban golf due to the deadly virus known as COVID-19. We were slammed by this caller for suggesting that Palm Beach County Officials know what they’re talking about and that, like the once popular song from the Broadway hit Avenue Q, ”it’s only for now.” At issue, the increasingly absurd Change.Org petition “demanding” that golf reopen. The “absurd” part is Change.Org — it’s a website that sounds great but carries no official weight in official decision making.
That caller suggested that we are yielding to our “Communist brothers in China” to generate copy.
That’s just not true. The time difference makes it impossible.
BocaNewsNow.com received another voicemail this morning (Thursday, April 23, 2020) suggesting — actually more than suggesting — that we move to Venezuela.
The two voicemails are below. At least the second caller told us to have a nice day.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TURNPIKE CLOSED: Gas Pipeline Erupts, Detours Near Lake Worth
- NUMBER GAMES? COVID-19 Deaths High In Florida As DOH Says Positivity Low
- COVID-19 INFECTION: Boynton Elementary Student First In School District To Test Positive
- URGENT: Delray Beach Police Seeking Missing Woman
- COVID DEATHS SOAR: Florida Logs 223 Deaths On Tuesday
- Palm Beach County School District COVID Dashboard Already Questioned, Numbers Dropped
- TRAFFIC HAVOC: Palmetto Park Road To Close
- Guilty Plea From Delray Chiropractor Richard Davidson Came Just Months After Feds Moved In
- BOXED: Some Children Boxed In Boca Schools, Others Roam Freely During COVID