BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — One of South Florida’s major carriers — JetBlue — has become the first airline nationwide to REQUIRE all passengers to wear face coverings while on board.
There is an exemption for small children.
JetBlue is a leading carrier at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport as well as Palm Beach International Airport.
JetBlue has already ceased service to several airports nationwide — including LaGuadia and Newark, instead funneling all NYC-area traffic through JFK.
Here is the official announcement that takes effect May 4th, 2020:
All customers are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth throughout their journey, including during check-in, boarding, while in flight and deplaning. JetBlue crewmembers have already been utilizing face coverings at work. CDC guidance defines a suitable face covering as an item of cloth that should fit snugly against the side of the face, be secured with ties or ear loops, include multiple layers of fabric and allow for unrestricted breathing. The CDC recommends surgical masks and N-95 respirators be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders. Small children who are not able to maintain a face covering are exempt from this requirement.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: Boca Raton Man Claimed Girlfriend Had Knife, Pills, So Batters Her To Save Her
- FAU Henderson University School Ranked Second In USA For K-5
- Woman Slips On Pool Deck, Sues Boca’s Broken Sound Country Club
- HURRICANE CENTER: Keep An Eye On Growing System East Of Florida
- FEDS: Local Man, “Dandy Daddy,” Sentenced To Eight Years In Prison
- Flanigan’s Boca Raton Cited For Flying Insects
- GAS LEAK: Airport Road In Boca Raton Closed
- STRAIGHT OUTTA KINGS POINT: Stalking, Murder Threat Charges Filed
- COVID Cases Rise In Palm Beach County School District