BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are unaware yet of lawsuits filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court against businesses and restaurants accused of making bad choices in the days before COVID-19, but they’re coming.
Following a comment by Trump Administration Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow that the administration may consider ways to exempt companies from COVID-19 related suits, we are hearing that suits may be considered quickly against area businesses that allegedly didn’t take appropriate precautions once COVID-19 was legitimately on the horizon.
Any business reopening — once the green light is given — also faces scrutiny and potential litigation if social distancing rules aren’t followed.
On the watch list: restaurants, stores, and notably homeowner associations and country clubs that may not follow rules — or cut corners — leading to a a continued spread of Coronavirus.
Litigation often takes years, but lawyers are at the very least sending a message to businesses and restaurants that CDC, state and local rules must be followed — if they’re not, owners will face lawsuits.
LOCAL JOURNALISM SUPPORTER.
Content copyright © 2023 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PUBLIC WINS: COPS, CRIME VICTIMS CAN’T HIDE BEHIND MARSY’S LAW
- Fatal Shooting Under Investigation By Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office
- Major Boca Raton Gas Leak Now Under Control
- Wheelchair Disaster At Boca Raton’s Town Center Mall Leads To Lawsuit
- When You Drive A Tesla To A Boca Raton “Just Salad,” Hilarity Ensues
- CLAIM: Woman Goes Bonkers At A Boca Raton Animal Hospital
- Read The Lawsuit: Springsteen Drummer Max Weinberg Sues Boca Car Dealer
- Palm Beach County Could Give You $100,000 For A House
- Coconut Creek Man Killed In Head-On Crash South Of Boca Raton