BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are unaware yet of lawsuits filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court against businesses and restaurants accused of making bad choices in the days before COVID-19, but they’re coming.
Following a comment by Trump Administration Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow that the administration may consider ways to exempt companies from COVID-19 related suits, we are hearing that suits may be considered quickly against area businesses that allegedly didn’t take appropriate precautions once COVID-19 was legitimately on the horizon.
Any business reopening — once the green light is given — also faces scrutiny and potential litigation if social distancing rules aren’t followed.
On the watch list: restaurants, stores, and notably homeowner associations and country clubs that may not follow rules — or cut corners — leading to a a continued spread of Coronavirus.
Litigation often takes years, but lawyers are at the very least sending a message to businesses and restaurants that CDC, state and local rules must be followed — if they’re not, owners will face lawsuits.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- CLAIM: Man Physically, Mentally Abused At Manor Care Delray Beach
- DUI Arrest For Boca Raton Woman, 64
- AMBER ALERT: PALM BEACH COUNTY GIRL MISSING
- Boca Raton Man Shot In Head By Cop Identified, Held Woman At Knifepoint
- AARON SINGERMAN: Sentence Reduced In Federal Crime
- DELRAY BEACH DOUBLE HOMICIDE: Two Dead In Overnight Shooting
- Fewer Florida Flight Issues Tuesday Morning, But Delays Continue
- DUI Arrests In Boca Raton, Delray Beach, Boynton Beach From July 4th
- TRAFFIC: Roads To Close For July 4th Fireworks, DUI Patrols To Intensify