BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are unaware yet of lawsuits filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court against businesses and restaurants accused of making bad choices in the days before COVID-19, but they’re coming.
Following a comment by Trump Administration Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow that the administration may consider ways to exempt companies from COVID-19 related suits, we are hearing that suits may be considered quickly against area businesses that allegedly didn’t take appropriate precautions once COVID-19 was legitimately on the horizon.
Any business reopening — once the green light is given — also faces scrutiny and potential litigation if social distancing rules aren’t followed.
On the watch list: restaurants, stores, and notably homeowner associations and country clubs that may not follow rules — or cut corners — leading to a a continued spread of Coronavirus.
Litigation often takes years, but lawyers are at the very least sending a message to businesses and restaurants that CDC, state and local rules must be followed — if they’re not, owners will face lawsuits.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Johnson and Johnson Shots Being Canceled Throughout Area
- Flights Resume After Bomb Scare, Major Weather Delays At Fort Lauderdale Airport
- Roaches Found In Boca Raton Yogurt Shop, State Shuts It Down
- Real Estate Agent Susan Caljean Jailed On DUI Charge
- GETTING WORSE: Florida COVID Positivity Rate Highest In A Month
- FLORIDA HOSPITAL COUNT JUMPS: More Than 3000 Hospitalized For COVID
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car