BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are unaware yet of lawsuits filed in Palm Beach County Circuit Court against businesses and restaurants accused of making bad choices in the days before COVID-19, but they’re coming.
Following a comment by Trump Administration Economic Advisor Larry Kudlow that the administration may consider ways to exempt companies from COVID-19 related suits, we are hearing that suits may be considered quickly against area businesses that allegedly didn’t take appropriate precautions once COVID-19 was legitimately on the horizon.
Any business reopening — once the green light is given — also faces scrutiny and potential litigation if social distancing rules aren’t followed.
On the watch list: restaurants, stores, and notably homeowner associations and country clubs that may not follow rules — or cut corners — leading to a a continued spread of Coronavirus.
Litigation often takes years, but lawyers are at the very least sending a message to businesses and restaurants that CDC, state and local rules must be followed — if they’re not, owners will face lawsuits.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- AARON SINGERMAN TO SPEND 54 MONTHS IN PRISON
- St. Andrews County Club Sues Dead Homeowner For Not Paying Membership Dues
- RECORD SETTING COLD COMING: National Weather Service Issues Advisory…
- Deerfield Beach Woman Struck By Car, Killed
- Aaron Singerman Sentencing Delayed, Remains In Custody
- B’NAI TORAH BOCA: Parents Livid Over New COVID-19 Policies
- I-95 To Close In Boca Raton, Expect Traffic Problems
- AARON SINGERMAN: Government Seeks 78-97 Months In Prison, Sentencing Thursday
- New York Man Killed In Delray Beach Crash, Drove Under Semi