BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — An increasing number of people in Boca Raton are breaking the order to stay off of beaches, and area residents watching from condo balconies — and throughout the area on webcams — have apparently had enough.
BocaNewsNow.com Wednesday received several tips from people frustrated that while they obey the rules, others apparently are not. They forwarded photos taken from condominium balconies and from webcams that are available to the public.
One photo — sent to us several times — was actually a ‘freeze frame’ from well before the pandemic that made it appear many people were on a Boca beach. They were not. But that doesn’t detract from the photos seen here. These are screen grabs taken from several Boca Raton beach webcams on Wednesday, May 6th, 2020.
For those who think they can use the beach and not be noticed, think again. Webcams broadcast Boca beaches — some in real time — around the world. There is a growing community of beach watchers intent on documenting and reporting those who are breaking the “beaches are closed” executive order in Palm Beach County.
We have also received telephoto lens shots that make alleged order violators identifiable. We are not running those — for now.
But keep in mind: beaches are closed. Law enforcement has made it clear that citations will be issued and arrests will be made — especially on beaches patrolled by the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- HORRIBLE: FLORIDA PASSES 25,000 DEATHS AS DESANTIS PROMOTES EMPLOYMENT
- Mizner Country Club GM Says Club Not Involved In Drug Sales
- Two In West Boca Home Jailed On Drug Charges
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases