BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are big as Florida enters another weekend of COVID-19 counting. There are at least 38,828 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, as the death count hits an even 1,600. At least 6,765 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since the outbreak began.
Yet again, the “new case” count has risen in three of the last three reports from the health department.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is 3587 and the death count stands at 222. The median age of those infected is down to 54.
In Boca Raton, at least 491 cases of COVID-19 are confirmed, it’s 372 in Delray Beach and 423 in Boynton Beach.
Of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, 36 percent come from Miami-Dade County, 15 percent from from Broward County, and 9 percent are logged as Palm Beach County.
Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Area Veterinarian Pleads Guilty To Taping Self Being Intimate With Dog
- Fire, Identify, Publicly Ridicule Unvaccinated: Here’s What Florida Readers Are Saying
- FUNERAL HOME ERROR: Lists Boca Raton Man As Single, Was Actually Married
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday