BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are big as Florida enters another weekend of COVID-19 counting. There are at least 38,828 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, as the death count hits an even 1,600. At least 6,765 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since the outbreak began.
Yet again, the “new case” count has risen in three of the last three reports from the health department.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is 3587 and the death count stands at 222. The median age of those infected is down to 54.
In Boca Raton, at least 491 cases of COVID-19 are confirmed, it’s 372 in Delray Beach and 423 in Boynton Beach.
Of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, 36 percent come from Miami-Dade County, 15 percent from from Broward County, and 9 percent are logged as Palm Beach County.
Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges