BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are big as Florida enters another weekend of COVID-19 counting. There are at least 38,828 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, as the death count hits an even 1,600. At least 6,765 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since the outbreak began.
Yet again, the “new case” count has risen in three of the last three reports from the health department.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is 3587 and the death count stands at 222. The median age of those infected is down to 54.
In Boca Raton, at least 491 cases of COVID-19 are confirmed, it’s 372 in Delray Beach and 423 in Boynton Beach.
Of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, 36 percent come from Miami-Dade County, 15 percent from from Broward County, and 9 percent are logged as Palm Beach County.
Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in infections.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- TRAFFIC: Expect A Week Of Delays In, Around South Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Jeweler Owes Mall $152,000, According To Lawsuit
- CRIME: Papa John’s Delivery Driver Carjacked At Gunpoint
- Fire Rescue Truck In Crash At Powerline and Palmetto Park, Road Closed
- COVID: Palm Beach County Back To Green Zone, “Low Risk” Says Kinsa
- Man Crashes Into Tree, Is Killed In West Boca Raton
- Boca Raton Man Sues Police, Arrested On Own Property With Gun, Permit
- Delray Beach Man Calls 911 Repeatedly To Complain About Police
- TRAFFIC REMINDER: Glades Road I-95 Ramp To Close This Weekend