BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — The numbers are big as Florida enters another weekend of COVID-19 counting. There are at least 38,828 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the state, as the death count hits an even 1,600. At least 6,765 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues in Florida since the outbreak began.
Yet again, the “new case” count has risen in three of the last three reports from the health department.
In Palm Beach County, the infected count is 3587 and the death count stands at 222. The median age of those infected is down to 54.
In Boca Raton, at least 491 cases of COVID-19 are confirmed, it’s 372 in Delray Beach and 423 in Boynton Beach.
Of all confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Florida, 36 percent come from Miami-Dade County, 15 percent from from Broward County, and 9 percent are logged as Palm Beach County.
Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach Counties lead the state in infections.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Election Issues In Palm Beach County? Spokesperson Won’t Discuss Ballot Vans
- BREAKING: I-95 Northbound Closed In Boca Raton
- BREAKING: Florida Turnpike Closed At Glades Road
- FLORIDA COVID POSITIVITY SOARS: Highest In Weeks, Infection Cases Pass 760,000
- South Florida Postal Worker Charged With Stealing Vote By Mail Ballot
- TROPICAL STORM EPSILON: Growing East Of Florida, Hurricane Strength Expected
- PALM BEACH SCHOOLS: Now 118 COVID-19 Infections
- Teen With Autism Spits In Woodfield Gym, Woman Bullied For Asking Him To Stop
- COVID FLORIDA: State Passes 16,000 Deaths As Palm Beach County Sees Flu-Like Symptom ER Visits Grow