WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is moving Palm Beach County to a Phase One reopening. The reopening takes effect on Monday, May 11, 2020.
DeSantis made the announcement at a press conference Friday, just a day after Palm Beach County Commissioners sent a letter to DeSantis asking for the “Phase One” distinction. The move comes after County leaders — who long stated they would work in tandem with Broward and Miami-Dade Counties — determined that Palm Beach County infection numbers look better than the two sister counties and should permit Palm Beach County to move forward on its own.
The rest of the Florida initiated a Phase One reopening earlier this week.
You can read the existing Phase One executive order below. We expect it to be updated to include Palm Beach County over the next several hours. The language, rules and regulations should be largely the same. Assuming that’s the case, gyms remain CLOSED, but restaurants can slowly reopen at a reduced capacity, some retail may resume so long as capacity is under 25 percent. Vacation rentals are still banned.
BEACHES REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL MAY 18th. See an updating story on BocaNewsNow.com.
Read the complete rundown in the attached PDF. We’ll update with the new order as soon as it’s received.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- POLICE: No, This Cat Wasn’t Shot In The Face And Dumped In Boca Raton
- GETTING WORSE: South Palm Beach County ICUs Full, COVID Count Up
- PUBLIX: COVID Vaccine Appointment Site Open Again
- Palm Beach County Offering Summer Camp Scholarships
- Delray’s Georgios Pappas Charged With DUI
- Trump’s Palm Beach County Passes 100,000 COVID-19 Cases
- Publix COVID Shot Reservations Open Again Friday
- Graffiti Vandal Strikes West Delray Beach Community
- Palm Beach School District Adds Nearly 500 Cases Since Break