WEST PALM BEACH, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is moving Palm Beach County to a Phase One reopening. The reopening takes effect on Monday, May 11, 2020.
DeSantis made the announcement at a press conference Friday, just a day after Palm Beach County Commissioners sent a letter to DeSantis asking for the “Phase One” distinction. The move comes after County leaders — who long stated they would work in tandem with Broward and Miami-Dade Counties — determined that Palm Beach County infection numbers look better than the two sister counties and should permit Palm Beach County to move forward on its own.
The rest of the Florida initiated a Phase One reopening earlier this week.
You can read the existing Phase One executive order below. We expect it to be updated to include Palm Beach County over the next several hours. The language, rules and regulations should be largely the same. Assuming that’s the case, gyms remain CLOSED, but restaurants can slowly reopen at a reduced capacity, some retail may resume so long as capacity is under 25 percent. Vacation rentals are still banned.
BEACHES REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL MAY 18th. See an updating story on BocaNewsNow.com.
Read the complete rundown in the attached PDF. We’ll update with the new order as soon as it’s received.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Boca Raton Woman Crashes Mercedes Into Honda After Two Martinis
- In Florida, 65 Die From COVID Monday, But Hospitalizations Dropping
- Florida Fish And Wildlife Commission Releases Details Of Weekend Fatal Crash
- UPDATE: Orlando Man Dies In Boca Raton I-95 Crash
- TRAFFIC ALERT: ALL LANES ON I-95 NORTHBOUND SHUT IN BOCA RATON
- SIRENS: Assault In Boca Dunes, Hard Fall In Boca Raton Publix, Trauma In St. Andrews
- COLD! Wind Chill In The 30s Possible In Palm Beach County Tonight
- GROUNDED: Airlines Already Cancel 1400 Flights Monday
- FEDS: 68 Died Sunday From COVID In Florida Hospitals, But What’s Real?