BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are receiving a significant amount of email and phone call requests for information concerning Face Coverings and “Phase One” of the reopening plan that starts Monday morning.
The simple answer is: don’t be a selfish idiot, wear a face covering to protect other people.
The not so simple answer is: The City of Delray Beach just proved why Palm Beach County needs to make an official statement which so far has not happened. If you haven’t been following along, Delray Beach issued a statement on Friday erroneously saying that Gov. Ron DeSantis said face coverings are no longer needed. That’s not true. The City then walked that back Saturday afternoon and said you should continue to wear a face mask, but it isn’t truly required.
In a confusing world of State, County and Town/City Executive Orders, we have reached out to Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner to clarify what policy truly is. Palm Beach County has the power to set policy for everyone in the County, regardless of what the City of Delray Beach, the City of Boca Raton or the Town of Highland Beach wants to do. We’ll let you know when we hear back. For now, be smart and be kind: follow CDC guidance and wear a face mask. You may not be protecting yourself, but you may be keeping someone’s grandparents alive.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: COVID Positivity Soars To 16.4 Percent
- MASK MANDATES RETURN IN REGION
- B’Nai Torah Boca Raton Camp Closes, Kids COVID-19 Positive
- Broward Schools Approve Mask Mandate, Palm Beach County Next?
- Local Lobster Mini-Season Diver Dies
- Florida’s Unvaccinated Adults Are The Problem, 12K COVID Cases Monday
- Boca’s Fit Foodz, Quates Mexican Restaurant Both Warned By Health Inspector
- Miami Beach Assault Leads To Massive Haul Of Guns In Broward County
- Palm Beach County School Board Members Silent On Mask Mandates