BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are receiving a significant amount of email and phone call requests for information concerning Face Coverings and “Phase One” of the reopening plan that starts Monday morning.
The simple answer is: don’t be a selfish idiot, wear a face covering to protect other people.
The not so simple answer is: The City of Delray Beach just proved why Palm Beach County needs to make an official statement which so far has not happened. If you haven’t been following along, Delray Beach issued a statement on Friday erroneously saying that Gov. Ron DeSantis said face coverings are no longer needed. That’s not true. The City then walked that back Saturday afternoon and said you should continue to wear a face mask, but it isn’t truly required.
In a confusing world of State, County and Town/City Executive Orders, we have reached out to Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner to clarify what policy truly is. Palm Beach County has the power to set policy for everyone in the County, regardless of what the City of Delray Beach, the City of Boca Raton or the Town of Highland Beach wants to do. We’ll let you know when we hear back. For now, be smart and be kind: follow CDC guidance and wear a face mask. You may not be protecting yourself, but you may be keeping someone’s grandparents alive.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark. BocaRudeton™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. Sirens™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “You hear sirens, we know where they went,”™ is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. “Don’t Want To Be Seen Here? Don’t Be Rude Here!™” is a trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 866-4-FL-NEWS. Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY DECLARES STATE OF EMERGENCY
- HURRICANE IAN: Schools Open But Heavy Rain, Strong Rain Expected In South Florida
- DEAD IN VALENCIA FALLS: Woman Drives Into Garage, Backs Into House, Utility Pole
- Loggers’ Run Boca Raton Forecloses On Homeowner Over $777
- CAR THEFTS: POLICE FRUSTRATED WITH SEVEN BRIDGES, LOTUS BOARDS
- HURRICANE IAN MAY PACK 130 MPH WINDS AS IT APPROACHES FLORIDA
- IAN: PALM BEACH COUNTY WARNS OF HEAVY RAIN, TORNADOES
- REMINDER: All Schools Closed In Palm Beach County Monday
- IAN TRACK SHIFTS, BUT SOUTH FLORIDA TOLD UNCERTAINTY HIGH