BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — We are receiving a significant amount of email and phone call requests for information concerning Face Coverings and “Phase One” of the reopening plan that starts Monday morning.
The simple answer is: don’t be a selfish idiot, wear a face covering to protect other people.
The not so simple answer is: The City of Delray Beach just proved why Palm Beach County needs to make an official statement which so far has not happened. If you haven’t been following along, Delray Beach issued a statement on Friday erroneously saying that Gov. Ron DeSantis said face coverings are no longer needed. That’s not true. The City then walked that back Saturday afternoon and said you should continue to wear a face mask, but it isn’t truly required.
In a confusing world of State, County and Town/City Executive Orders, we have reached out to Palm Beach County Mayor Dave Kerner to clarify what policy truly is. Palm Beach County has the power to set policy for everyone in the County, regardless of what the City of Delray Beach, the City of Boca Raton or the Town of Highland Beach wants to do. We’ll let you know when we hear back. For now, be smart and be kind: follow CDC guidance and wear a face mask. You may not be protecting yourself, but you may be keeping someone’s grandparents alive.
FREE! SUBSCRIBE TO BOCANEWSNOW.COM
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- UPDATE: DISTANCE LEARNING COULD END IN JANUARY, PALM BEACH SCHOOLS ISSUES STATEMENT
- Florida Dept. of Ed. Calls Rumor Of “Distance Learning” Ending “False Narrative”
- FLORIDA COVID: 5,489 New Infections Reported, Highest One Day Total In Weeks
- HURRICANE CENTER: New System Could Affect South Florida
- INCREASE: Now 129 COVID-19 Cases In Palm Beach County Schools
- Vice Mayor Robert Weinroth Announces Increased Funding For Park Rangers
- Camera Off May Mean “Absent” In Palm Beach County Schools
- Wendy Sartory Link, Palm Beach Elections Supervisor, Won’t Answer Mail-In Ballot Questions
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: More Than 33,000 People File Official Records Online, Setting Record