BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t plan on going to the gym when Phase One of the “reopening” starts Monday morning (May 11th) in Palm Beach County. The first phase prohibits gyms from resuming operations.
“Gyms and fitness centers closed by Executive Order 20-71 shall remain closed,” wrote Governor Ron DeSantis in the order executed on Friday.
Gyms and fitness centers may be able to open — with significant rules and regulations — when Palm Beach County reaches “Phase Two” which may be several weeks away. It is unclear if Palm Beach County will trail the rest of Florida — as it has for Phase One — or if subsequent advancements will happen in sync with the majority of the rest of Florida.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties remain at “Phase 0.”
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation is now authorized to cite any business in Palm Beach County that opens — or conducts business — in a manner inconsistent with the orders executed by the Governor’s office or subsequent Palm Beach County orders.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Palm Beach School District Adds More Than 500 COVID Cases In Days
- Boca Raton Gym Sued For $1M In Rent
- COVID Vaccine Distribution In Palm Beach County Is Worse Than You Think
- Shot, Mauled, Or Drowned? What Happened To This Boca Raton Cat?
- COVID Is Getting Worse In Palm Beach County
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Animal Cruelty Charges
- Boca Raton Firefighters Battle Elevator Blaze
- Palm Beach County ICU’s Packed, COVID Count Rising
- OUTRAGEOUS AGENTS: Tinder Leads To Battery Charge For Boca Realtor