BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t plan on going to the gym when Phase One of the “reopening” starts Monday morning (May 11th) in Palm Beach County. The first phase prohibits gyms from resuming operations.
“Gyms and fitness centers closed by Executive Order 20-71 shall remain closed,” wrote Governor Ron DeSantis in the order executed on Friday.
Gyms and fitness centers may be able to open — with significant rules and regulations — when Palm Beach County reaches “Phase Two” which may be several weeks away. It is unclear if Palm Beach County will trail the rest of Florida — as it has for Phase One — or if subsequent advancements will happen in sync with the majority of the rest of Florida.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties remain at “Phase 0.”
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation is now authorized to cite any business in Palm Beach County that opens — or conducts business — in a manner inconsistent with the orders executed by the Governor’s office or subsequent Palm Beach County orders.
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Is The Boca Raton Police Department Doing Enough To Prevent Traffic Deaths, Injuries?
- Crowds, Chaos At Fort Lauderdale Airport Monday Morning
- Golf Instructor Drake Kelso Jailed On DUI Charge, Said Gun Was In Car
- Woman Kills Federal Judge, Injures Boy In Boca Raton Crash
- More COVID Problems Florida, Positivity Rate Jumps Again
- Flying? Major Delays, Canceled Flights At FLL Today
- Significant Weather Advisory In Effect
- No Masks At Salt 7 Delray, We Were Told To Call Back During The Week
- Delray Beach Woman’s “Bumping” Leads To Battery On Senior Charge