BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t plan on going to the gym when Phase One of the “reopening” starts Monday morning (May 11th) in Palm Beach County. The first phase prohibits gyms from resuming operations.
“Gyms and fitness centers closed by Executive Order 20-71 shall remain closed,” wrote Governor Ron DeSantis in the order executed on Friday.
Gyms and fitness centers may be able to open — with significant rules and regulations — when Palm Beach County reaches “Phase Two” which may be several weeks away. It is unclear if Palm Beach County will trail the rest of Florida — as it has for Phase One — or if subsequent advancements will happen in sync with the majority of the rest of Florida.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties remain at “Phase 0.”
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation is now authorized to cite any business in Palm Beach County that opens — or conducts business — in a manner inconsistent with the orders executed by the Governor’s office or subsequent Palm Beach County orders.
Content copyright © 2022 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. BocaNewsNow.com ® is a registered trademark of MetroDesk Media, LLC. For our intellectual property, terms, and conditions, read here. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com. Call 561-576-NEWS (6397). Arrest reports are police accusations. Guilt or innocence is determined in a court of law.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- MASS SHOOTING: THREE SHOT ON I-95, ONE VICTIM FACING LIFE-THREATENING INJURY
- Many Flight Delays Logged Across South Florida Airports, JetBlue and Spirit Hit Hard
- Glades Road In Boca Raton To Close Monday, Tuesday
- Where Is Deborah Stewart? Last Seen In Boca Raton.
- REMINDER: School Resumes Across Palm Beach County On Monday
- FORT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT TROUBLE: COMPUTER PROBLEMS ON BUSY TRAVEL DAY
- POLICE: Boynton Woman “Emotionally Unstable” When Attacked Boyfriend
- ZINGER’S DELI BOCA RATON: 27 VIOLATIONS LOGGED BY STATE INSPECTOR
- REMINDER: Palm Beach County School Choice Deadline Approaching