BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — Don’t plan on going to the gym when Phase One of the “reopening” starts Monday morning (May 11th) in Palm Beach County. The first phase prohibits gyms from resuming operations.
“Gyms and fitness centers closed by Executive Order 20-71 shall remain closed,” wrote Governor Ron DeSantis in the order executed on Friday.
Gyms and fitness centers may be able to open — with significant rules and regulations — when Palm Beach County reaches “Phase Two” which may be several weeks away. It is unclear if Palm Beach County will trail the rest of Florida — as it has for Phase One — or if subsequent advancements will happen in sync with the majority of the rest of Florida.
Broward and Miami-Dade Counties remain at “Phase 0.”
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation is now authorized to cite any business in Palm Beach County that opens — or conducts business — in a manner inconsistent with the orders executed by the Governor’s office or subsequent Palm Beach County orders.
Content copyright © 2020 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY: Reckless Endangerment Charges For Non-Mask Wearers?
- South Florida Attorney Charged By Feds For Wire, Securities Fraud
- COVID SURGE FLORIDA: 3259 New Cases, 106 New Deaths, Positivity Heading Up
- BIG JUMP: Now 22 COVID Infections In Palm Beach County Schools
- Boca Raton Man Jailed On Aggravated Assault With Deadly Weapon Charge
- COVID-19: Boca, Delray Restaurant Horror Stories As CDC Says Eating Inside Is Bad Idea
- COVID-19 Reported In Boca Middle, Spanish River High, West Boca High
- Police Cam Captures Takedown Of Former Campaign Official
- Masks Still Required In Palm Beach County Schools