BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now at least 40,001 people infected with COVID-19 in Florida. The death count in Florida is now at least 1,715.
As Palm Beach County prepares to move to “Phase One” reopening on Monday, May 11th, Boca Raton has passed a landmark. There are now at least 501 people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the City of Boca Raton. In Delray Beach, at least 380 have now tested positive. In Boynton Beach, the number is 440.
In all of Palm Beach County, there are now at least 3,798 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with a death count of 237. At least 618 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues since monitoring of the pandemic began.
By age: the range of those infected spans “0” to 104. The median age is now 53.
By gender: 1,910 of those infected in Palm Beach County identity as male, 1,811 identify as female. There is “no data” for five of those infected. By percentage, it’s 51-percent male to 49-percent female.
By race, 642 of those infected in PBC identify as Black, 1,695 identify as White. 416 identify as “other” with “no data” for 973.
By ethnicity: 862 identify as Hispanic, 1,797 as “not-Hispanic,” 1,067 as “no data.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY RATE JUMPS, HOSPITALIZATIONS SURGE
- KINSA: Palm Beach County Has Never Been So Dangerous For COVID-19
- Teachers: No Organized Walkout Planned Over Masking Battle
- FLORIDA SETS RECORD: 21,683 COVID CASES RECORDED ON FRIDAY
- Delray Beach Man Allegedly Held Knife To Wife, False Imprisonment Charge
- Heading To Airport? Yet Again, Fort Lauderdale Parking Is Packed
- EXCEPTIONALLY BAD: Florida Department Health COVID Report Is Dire
- Publix Mask Mandate Returns, Associates For Now, Customer Decision Pending
- CDC: PALM BEACH COUNTY POSITIVITY NOW 18 PERCENT