BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — There are now at least 40,001 people infected with COVID-19 in Florida. The death count in Florida is now at least 1,715.
As Palm Beach County prepares to move to “Phase One” reopening on Monday, May 11th, Boca Raton has passed a landmark. There are now at least 501 people who have tested positive for COVID-19 in the City of Boca Raton. In Delray Beach, at least 380 have now tested positive. In Boynton Beach, the number is 440.
In all of Palm Beach County, there are now at least 3,798 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with a death count of 237. At least 618 people are — or have been — hospitalized with COVID-19 related issues since monitoring of the pandemic began.
By age: the range of those infected spans “0” to 104. The median age is now 53.
By gender: 1,910 of those infected in Palm Beach County identity as male, 1,811 identify as female. There is “no data” for five of those infected. By percentage, it’s 51-percent male to 49-percent female.
By race, 642 of those infected in PBC identify as Black, 1,695 identify as White. 416 identify as “other” with “no data” for 973.
By ethnicity: 862 identify as Hispanic, 1,797 as “not-Hispanic,” 1,067 as “no data.”
Content copyright © 2021 Metro Desk Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved. We vigorously protect our intellectual property and journalistic product. Broadcast stations must credit BocaNewsNow.com on air. Print must refer to BocaNewsNow.com. Online must link to BocaNewsNow.com. We have agreements with several organizations. Contact news (at) bocanewsnow.com.
The Latest From BocaNewsNow.com
- Delray Marketplace Restaurant Shut By State, Mass Violations
- Area Teen Faces 11 Charges In Boca Raton, Bond Nearly $20K
- Mask Mandate Extended In Palm Beach County As COVID Spread Continues
- FLORIDA COVID: Infections Increase Again, Positivity Pulls Back Slightly
- Police Dispatcher Arrested For Misconduct
- Local Man Sentenced For Universal Studios Fraud
- Delray Beach, Boca Raton Real Estate Prices Soar, Inventory Drops
- No School Friday, Palm Beach County Schools To Close For Students
- Delray Beach Woman Facing Fraud, Drug Charges